Intelsat 23 or 25

Status
Please reply by conversation.

diallodjeri

Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
Washington,USA
Hi Guys,
I would like to know if any one in North-West of USA has has his dish pointed at either Intelsat 23 or 25 because I don't see those two satellites on list of prominent satellite in North America.I don't know if you can actually get signal from those two satellites in North-West.
I will appreciate any help. :):):)

IS 25 (31.5W) is BELOW the horizon anywhere in the state of Washington see: http://www.dishpointer.com/

IS 23 (53W) is 5.4 degrees above the horizon in Vancouver WA. You don't say where you are in Washington, but it may be hard to get because of terrestrial interference.

?Bob

...either Intelsat 23 or 25...
Only two channels listed on lyngsat for Intelsat 25 C-band @31.5W are CRBC (Nigeria) and ORTM (Mali). East coast should be able to catch with a 10-footer. Ku is not receiveable in North America according to footprint. One of the two channels (ORTM Mali) is much easier to receive in North America via Galaxy 19 @ 97W 12060 H 22000.

For Intelsat 23 C-band @53W, if you can see 5 degrees elevation in Seattle, you can catch Western Hemisphere footprint using a 7-foot or larger dish of a couple of transponders with ITC channels. On Ku, much of central/southern U.S. (not WA) with low elevation view can catch with a 1-metre or smaller dish a Guatelmala channel but rest is encrypted.

The confusing part is that when I look at satellite beam, it looks like I won't be able to catch IS23 from Marysville Washington which is really close to Vancouver Canada and yet when I type my address and satellite numbers in dish pointer I get all the coordinates for the both satellites.

The confusing part is that when I look at satellite beam, it looks like I won't be able to catch IS23 from Marysville Washington which is really close to Vancouver Canada and yet when I type my address and satellite numbers in dish pointer I get all the coordinates for the both satellites.

Yes but if but look close, IS25 will be showing a negative(-) elevation for your if you are doing it right, which means it is below the horizon for your location and IS23 should show around 5 degs plus. However at that low of an angle terrestrial noise will kill you. ;)

Footprints show if it's theoretically possible to receive based on signal strength at your location. dishpointer.com shows where to point your dish to receive. Always start first at the satbeams.com site to look at the footprint. Drown your misery with a delicious Marysville pie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

USUALS vs DISEQ1.1

Cheapest FTA receiver ever?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)