Intelsat 9 at 58.0°W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yes it is true , for instance both Hispasat's 1C and 1D (a satellite from Spain at 30W) , have the capability to serve both continents. Some companies use them to bounce signals from 1 continent to the other. For instance TVE uses a mux to send several TV stations from Spain to US to be distributed via cable or DTH services later. But as Lak7 was pointing out see lyngsat.com to verify a particular TV stations which beam is using , either america or europe.

Didnt even think about that. I currently have a Invacom Quad QPH-031 which wont work, sooooooo maybe I need this one QUAD Universal KU LNBF
FORTEC STAR FSKU-4v from Sadoun.

Yes good point, as on my Invacom I am only using 1 of the 4, although if the frequency of the transponder is 11477 why would I need a universal LNBF?

I am using a 76cm dish and a BSC621-2 Universal KU LNB aimed at 58W PAS 9. I am picking up 5 TV channels from that bird all on transponder 11477H. Attached is a screen shot from Channel Master of my saved channel list for those channels. My location is 40 miles west of Omaha NE.

Click on the thumnail then click enlarge when file opens, you should be able to make out all the channel information.

Attachments

• 58W PAS 9.jpg
    58W PAS 9.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 253
Walrus,

I hate to be a pain. Did any thing on there look British as far as programming goes?

Aastha is from India.

Other transponders the brits might use, on that sat are as follows,

11509 H

11521 H

11532 H Unknown

11542 H

11557 H

11570 H

11582 H

11600 H

11612 H Unknown

ikki-

Its been several months since I viewed any programming from that sat so I really do not remember what the programming looked like. I am the process of tearing the dish setup down to replace with a 1.2 meter dish and changing out the BSC621-2 with the GeoSatpro dual output C-Band lnb. Still waiting for Brian to get the order in.

If I had the new dish hooked to the motor I would slap the BSC621 on and test. I was waiting for the new LNB, sounds like that will be a few more weeks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts