Intelsat 907

Status
Please reply by conversation.

big_sexy00

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
canada
I've recently aquired a 6 foot c-band dish and have had no problems aiming and finding satellites except for 2... Intelsat 907 57.5W and Telestar 12 15W. are these birds able to be caught from kingston ontario??

thanks.

I've recently aquired a 6 foot c-band dish and have had no problems aiming and finding satellites except for 2... Intelsat 907 57.5W and Telestar 12 15W. are these birds able to be caught from kingston ontario??

thanks.

Go to LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite ; then click on "frequencies, 0-61" (i think) and see if there are any channels or signals being sent your way. From what I see 00 means something, I mean, you may have the wrong signal wanted, that is, you are looking for a signal your dish cannot pick up, or it is through the horizon, or you need a circular insert, or the signal is not broadcast to our Continent. Many signals low to the horizon only go to "parts of continents" also. It could be you should receive it, and a mountain way off in the distance, is blocking you, or even a tree on your horizon will do the same, or that a power pole in the perfectly wrong spot at a place you cannot see, is blocking you from the perfect "horizon" you are looking for...

Last edited:
Greetings,
If you are referring to how low to the horizon 27.5W is from Kingston I would use dishpointer.com (and it appears you could, depending on LOS)

On lynsat click on the "Beam EIRP" for the TP you are looking for,
then on "Key Parameters" gives you the EIRP.

Here is a site that shows the 'prescribed' dish size based on EIRP.
Satellite Antenna Dish Size required or recommended

However, the theory for EIRP and prescribed dish size is not always accurate.
Nothing is ever definitive when it comes to actually getting a lock on a particular TP without actually trying.
It depend largly on the power of individual TPs and type of signal (S2 generally requires more signal as does a higher FEC). Dish alignment is important...
Other contributing factors may include interference from adjacent satellite transponders that are at the same frequency which transmit with more power.
Or even if there is a microwave tower in your vicinity.

But if anything it gives you a bit of a starting point, and perhaps another member that lives in your area could tell you if you have a chance.

By they way, this is a really good site for information and the members here are most helpful. I've learned quite a bit here over the last year.

yes it can do circular. Do you think i've got a chance?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts