RTPI on Intelsat 34 seems to be off air.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sagres

Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
My parents RTPI went down yesterday on Intelsat 34, other channels on the same satellite are working. I checked LyngSat and it still shows RTPI on -4101 V DVB-S2 MPEG-4 2320-8/9 QPSK. Anyone know if RTPI has relocated or made another change ?

Reactions: Cham
Variables:
Intelsat 805 - Galaxy 11 55.5W 3045:
4100 Vertical 2221.835 QPSK 8/9 DVB-S2 ON 0.35 Inverted CCM 3.925 2.999 9.3 -26 MIS: 0, BER: 0.0000000, 2017-11-07 5:36:20 PM CST
(SNR and RF level in bold)
RTPI scans in fine.
This is a 10' reflector. Check the TP data and compare to the data in my scan, maybe symbol rate or other parameters changed. Only the two channels in this transponder, RTPI (video & audio), and RDP International radio.

I changed the symbol rate to 2222 on my setup at home as per the data in your scan(2221.835), and it worked.
Thank you, my parents will be very happy when I fix their system.

Glad to help out!
Just curious, what size dish are you using, and signal on this TP?
Just scanned 58W and only getting two TPs. Usually get 20 or so. Even the NHK mux is very weak.

My dish is a 10 foot with sheet metal panels that have holes stamped into the metal. It came with the house when purchased in 1988.
When I did a blind scan @58W, I got 229 TV, 32 radio and 31 transponders. The NHK channels show signal intensity 91%, quality 51% on my (ebay) Dynosat HD7500 receiver.

Strange but if I enter the TP frequencies they come in fine. Used other software (crazyscan) and I get 25 TPs and yes a whole pile of channels. Funny why that happens sometimes. All good though! :)

I changed the symbol rate to 2222 on my setup at home as per the data in your scan(2221.835), and it worked.
Thank you, my parents will be very happy when I fix their system.

You guys may know me, at one time I had over 3,000 Portuguese customers, best customers I ever had, my ex-employee took over when I retired, I thought him would he needed to know, but he's no electronic tech as I was, just got a call saying the few who dish network didn't steal away are reporting its dead, and there all still have mep-2 old stuff I have not even talked to him in 2 years please update me so I can help him out, i'm sure its some very old people who I very bad for, will it still work if they don't have the latest receiver?? Will try messing with the symbol rate
Obrigado

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)