Interesting 622 Issue

txranger

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
I have a 622 I have had for 3 years. It just got the most recent software update. On some shows that have been recorded the picture gets very pixelated and the sound sometimes makes loud pops and hisses. Also, after the software upgrade shows show fulltime but when you play them only 1/2 to 2/3 of them are there. If this a software issue or is my 622 just getting old?

I have what may be a related problem that showed up with the most recent software update. When I select the program and push play, I get a blank screen and nothing happens. It looks like the recorded program is not there, but if I press skip forward one time it plays fine for the rest of the recording. This looks like a new software bug.

I have seen the blank display on my weak secondary (Alb KNMD-9) PBS OTA channel to catch NBR business 12 hours earlier than main feed. Skip or FF brings it in barely and then I can go back. I'm 49 miles on LOS and station is barely received by 722 although fine on Samsung HLT5687 from same split. Some days fine, some not. Blank screen is new with L477(?).
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)