Interesting...

it should be interesting at CES in january could this next generation be the UHD dvr hopper

I'm not sure what my functionality wish list would be to the next Hoppper. Probably just 4K, more tuners and a larger HDD. Unless they plan on releasing keyboard support or offer a keyboard remote, I'm not going to be very interested in anything like a browser or additional Facebook like apps but more content oriented apps would be welcome. (Building in Hulu support would be brilliant- local dispute? Don't worry, just catch your show on the Hulu app we'll discount your bill to offset the Hulu sub costs until the dispute resolved itself.). Voice recognition and unified search would be nice.

What would others like to see?

I like the idea of a hopper with more tuners, but that would make the super joey not needed and that fee would drop or they would make the new Wally hopper fee more to compensate. I have always wanted a hopper with 6 tuners and then I would only need two joeys and I could save around $3.00 off of my fees- if they don't hike the fee on the hopper to make up for it. I think that the super joey is a little harder to install and it can cause problems when you need to run a check switch off the super joey and or the hopper itself to get all your tuners back up and running. Guide update shows up on these tuners more than is necessary ,which forces me to run a check switch to clear it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts