Internet Connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lkrause52

Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Okay, so we connected a wire to our 722K box and into our router. Can somebody tell me where the free content is that I am supposed to be able to access? All of the movies appear to be for rent. What all does having an box connected to the internet get you? I moved from DirectTv to Dish and with their internet access there were lots of free movies. Also, the Weather Channel actually displayed our local forecast. I was just wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Okay, so we connected a wire to our 722K box and into our router. Can somebody tell me where the free content is that I am supposed to be able to access? All of the movies appear to be for rent. What all does having an box connected to the internet get you? I moved from DirectTv to Dish and with their internet access there were lots of free movies. Also, the Weather Channel actually displayed our local forecast. I was just wondering if I am doing something wrong.

DishOnline. Supposedly the 722K has new software that actually makes it possible to find what you're looking for. With my 722 I can search by "Free" but it basically gives you a list with no rhyme or reason to it. Maybe your 722K hasn't got the software update yet, but you still should be able to find plenty of free content.

Just in case you missed it, press the DVR button and select DishONLINE (5), then TV Entertainment, then Sort by Free. You will be left with a very long alphabetic list, some marked HD. The HD will take a lot longer to download, even the SD may take quite a while YMMV, and in any case most will have an expiration. Only 1 or so shows back will be there for many series. The picture quality can be very good.
-Ken

Just in case you missed it, press the DVR button and select DishONLINE (5), then TV Entertainment, then Sort by Free. You will be left with a very long alphabetic list, some marked HD. The HD will take a lot longer to download, even the SD may take quite a while YMMV, and in any case most will have an expiration. Only 1 or so shows back will be there for many series. The picture quality can be very good.
-Ken

The OP states he has a 722K and the menu options have changed and you nolonger can sort by free

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)