Internet connectivity options?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
I am in the process of moving to OTA with Tivo to save money. I have a DECA box that is connected on an unused cable outlet in my basement that provides Internet connectivity to my HR24s. I would like to use that outlet for the first Tivo I am setting up to confirm reliability for the wife. My question is whether there is another way to connect the HR24s to the internet without using a DECA box. Both HR24s have ethernet connections available where they are located. Could I just plug them into my home network that way, or would that break the Whole Home functionality? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ted

Looks like I only lose on-demand-type services if the DECA is not plugged into my home network. Will D* charge me a fee like E* if my receivers do not check in?

ncted said:
Looks like I only lose on-demand-type services if the DECA is not plugged into my home network. Will D* charge me a fee like E* if my receivers do not check in?

No fee whether you use it or not

You can take a Swm 2 way and put behind one of the HRs. One line going to HR and one to deca. Don't plug cat5 directly into back of rcvr. It will disable Whole home.

OK. Thanks. I will just leave the DECA disconnected and see if I miss it at all.

-Ted

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)