Internet Explorer 8

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Van,

Please don’t be unsettled by my presence here. My team and I are simply trying to help answer questions and provide assistance to those who may need it – we are not spam, trolls etc.

Thanks,

Feran
Internet Explorer Outreach Team

Great to have you and your team on board! :welcome I wish we had more open support from both manufactures and software companies here on SatelliteGuys.

Van,

Please don’t be unsettled by my presence here. My team and I are simply trying to help answer questions and provide assistance to those who may need it – we are not spam, trolls etc.

Thanks,

Feran

I have been testing RC IE 8 and I can state that it has improved dramatically, although I have been using Chrome for regular popular sites due to its speed and screen space, and I use Firefox for sites that I need strong security with the security enhance plug extensions and add-on’s. I have also tested Opera and Safari.

As a pre-release browser there is still fine tuning development opportunities for IE 8:

Get to the speed level of Chrome and the security tightness of Firefox.

My .02 cents. :)

Is it possible to completely remove IE now? I'm on 7 and comparing its ability handle and load web pages against FF and Chrome its severely lacking in performance, I'd say it performs about as well as a truck with 400,000 miles on it.

One can never remove IE. Windows 7 has the ability to turn off IE8. But, it just becomes hidden, you can reactivate it from the control panel without installation discs.

Thanks for the welcome Bulldog, my team and I appreciate it! Let us know if you have questions/need assistance, we are here to help or at least direct to you to resources that will be of use…
Thanks again,
Feran

IE will always be there. I don't see MS running "update" in anything else.

The official release is set to launch today at 9:00 pacific. I tried the early beta and had problems (even after uninstalling). Didn't try the RC. Might avoid this one for a while until bugs are worked out.

S~

Oh boy.. just what I need to happen right before the website I've been working on comes out.. ANOTHER browser to have to test and troubleshoot with before release...

Been running it for awhile pages load fast without any issues. So far I really like it.

IE8 crashed about every 5 websites on my computer (I have Vista 32bit with 2.8 ghz Core 2 Duos and 1 gig of RAM.) I started using Firefox for that very reason. It would take about 1 minute to even open the program, and I would get a Data Execution Prevention error every time I try to close it. Started using Friefix and have not head any issues.

Yeah I installed the full release that came out yesterday it's not the RC1 so 1st version. So far so good. :)

Thanks for the welcome Bulldog, my team and I appreciate it! Let us know if you have questions/need assistance, we are here to help or at least direct to you to resources that will be of use…
Thanks again,
Feran

I attempted to installed the full release over the RC1 on one of my systems, but just when it is in the finalizing stage of the installation it comes up with an “Installation not complete” massage.

I have followed the troubleshooting script including defaulting everything back in IE, but no Joy. I have also attempted to remove RC1 first, but it will not allow me to.

I have four systems, with two running Windows XP; the one running with XP Pro I had no problems with the IE8 installation.

The problem unit is a laptop running XP home w/sp3.

Any suggestions team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)