ION on 119

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PALL MALL

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
It was mentioned in another thread that ion was on 119w, so I checked lynsat at there it was on tp14 12141L 20000. So I put up an old dish 300 and aimed it at 119 using the old dn receiver. With the dish directly connected to my fta receiver, I added the tp but no signal.:mad: I added a few other tps and they all came in. Is anyone getting ion on 119?

Yep, 79%Q (Coolsat 5000 meter) on a D500 with a DishPro LNBF

When aiming I like to use the NASA transponder since it seems weak and has a FEC of 7/8
I have 79-82%Q on NASA right now

NASA
12370 R/V 20000

ION East
12.414 L/H 20000
PID 6690
VID 6690
AID 6691

It was mentioned in another thread that ion was on 119w, so I checked lynsat at there it was on tp14 12141L 20000. So I put up an old dish 300 and aimed it at 119 using the old dn receiver. With the dish directly connected to my fta receiver, I added the tp but no signal.:mad: I added a few other tps and they all came in. Is anyone getting ion on 119?

Works fine for me and I don't even know what I'm doing. :eek:

I hooked the dn receiver back up and tp 14 has 93% signal. So I dont know what im doing wrong. On my fta receiver I have the lbn set to stacked, should it be? My fta receiver has 99% quality on nasa but theres no pictue.

I hooked the dn receiver back up and tp 14 has 93% signal. So I dont know what im doing wrong. On my fta receiver I have the lbn set to stacked, should it be? My fta receiver has 99% quality on nasa but theres no pictue.

My ignorance of stacked LNBs and DN equipment is about complete, but if you have an old Dish 300 I believe that is the old legacy LNBF? Those aren't stacked are they?

turn it off stacked. Thats probably part of the issue

SINGLE 11250 LNB LO

Does the LNBF on the D300 have the DP logo on it?
If yes, then stacked with an LO of 11250/14380
if not then you might want to try setting the LO to Standard/Single and 11250

Usually when I'm aiming and I get Quality on 12370 R/V and no picture on NASA, that means I'm on 110W

The lightbulb came on.

You got NASA quality, but nothing on ION while stacked.
So set it to standard 11250, and check again. I would bet that it works now.

If you have nothing on NASA, I think you need to peak some more... just my humble opinion. :D

Attachments

• LNBs.JPG
    LNBs.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 165
turn it off stacked. Thats probably part of the issue

SINGLE 11250 LNB LO

Change the settings, and it works now. Ion scanned in :D. Thanks everyone for the input!

Now I just need a bigger multi switch to combine it with my dish at 101.

Change the settings, and it works now. Ion scanned in :D. Thanks everyone for the input!

it logs Ion like 40 times :D

What Dish did is the markets where the Ion is owned by the network they just remapped either Ion East or West

All the ones that log "TV 7000-TV9000" are the local affiliates

it logs Ion like 40 times :D

What Dish did is the markets where the Ion is owned by the network they just remapped either Ion East or West

All the ones that log "TV 7000-TV9000" are the local affiliates

My receiver logged them with there local call sign, I just renamed one ion and deleted the rest.

Does the LNBF on the D300 have the DP logo on it?
If yes, then stacked with an LO of 11250/14380
if not then you might want to try setting the LO to Standard/Single and 11250

Usually when I'm aiming and I get Quality on 12370 R/V and no picture on NASA, that means I'm on 110W

The lightbulb came on.

You got NASA quality, but nothing on ION while stacked.
So set it to standard 11250, and check again. I would bet that it works now.

If you have nothing on NASA, I think you need to peak some more... just my humble opinion. :D

It's the first lbn in the picture legacy single output. I knew I was on the right sat the dn stb's know the difference between satellites. If I was on 110 it would have had signal but it would say wrong sat 110w or something like that.

Its to bad the old dn stb's wont tune in the fta channels anymore :mad:. I planned on setting one up in my bedroom for ion, but thats not going to happen. They'll tune in the dish fyi channel but not nasa or angel one. When I try to go to one of them, it says I need a new access card to view this channel :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.