iOS 12 beta

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Klang- I had to activate satellite view to get the traffic overlay.

Tested car play audible and it works with my iphone updated but not my wife's non yet updated. She decided she wants to have audible library available in her car. Doing the update to her iphone now.

On both my iPads I now have a light blue line under the battery percentage and WiFi indicator on the lock screen. Anyone know what that is supposed to mean?

I'm getting it without satellite.

Yep. I see it now. Thanks for the clue.

I also figured out our audio books for Car Play now too. On audible.com, I found out there are two cloud libraries. One for the traditional audible.com log-in and another for the Amazon log-in. So I must have about 50 books on my older audible cloud and 3 now on the Amazon cloud. On my wife's iphone I have to log in differently to access the books from each cloud library, but on my iphone they both show up combined. Now that is really odd. Once I see the books in the cloud, I then can download them to the iphone to read and access from Car Play. She has been after me to set this up as she is getting tired of talk radio and music on her hour drives to visit the grandkids a couple times a week.

Lots of new features showing up on the ipad with iOS12. You can work it like an iphone Xs with no home button.

There are some good YT videos out now on all the new features. But the real new features will come this weekend when I have the Xs Max. The wait is fine since I am spending it watching all the videos on the new features.

I have been playing with Google Maps in CarPlay. We went out to dinner last night and it actually showed us the exact parking space we were parked in via the satellite image. I thought that was wild!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have been playing with Google Maps in CarPlay. We went out to dinner last night and it actually showed us the exact parking space we were parked in via the satellite image. I thought that was wild!

I can't wait to test that tomorrow. I was just out too, but hadn't checked for updates.

Probably also need to install Waze.

Yes. Which Pro do you have?

Our iPad 3 long ago stopped updating. Such, too, is in your future. Or PRESENT.

???

What are you seeing in the process? My ipad Air 2 checked for update, found it and then it took about 40 min. to download, about the same as my iphones.

Probably also need to install Waze.

Waze is not out yet. But Google Maps is.
In Google Maps on your phone set it to show satellite images and it will show satellite images on your CarPlay too.
Kind of strange driving around and seeing everyones backyards as you driveway their houses.

Waze is not out yet. But Google Maps is.
In Google Maps on your phone set it to show satellite images and it will show satellite images on your CarPlay too.
Kind of strange driving around and seeing everyones backyards as you driveway their houses.
I’ll do that this morning.

Installed the iOS 12 beta profile on my iPad, rebooted and it immediately saw the iOS 12 update. Strange. But it worked

On both my iPads I now have a light blue line under the battery percentage and WiFi indicator on the lock screen.
This may be similar to the blue bar that debuted on the iPhone X to indicate where you needed to swipe to access the control center.

This may be similar to the blue bar that debuted on the iPhone X to indicate where you needed to swipe to access the control center.
Yeah, having just installed it on my iPad, I am finding it distracting.

Also realized the moved access to the control panel from bottom up on iPad to upper right corner down, like iPhone X. Kind of a bummer as the iPad control/app switcher in iOS 11 was very useful. I'll adapt, but it seems strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)