iPad Mini Announced

No retina display stupid!!
Thats next years model.

Over priced and a dumb screen size 7.8
I agree in the pricing should have been $299, and the screen size is 7.9 inches.

Next week a new nexus 7 will be announced that will kill the iPid mini in specs and will go for only $249
And it (the Nexus 7)does not have a rear facing camera and only runs phone apps stretched to fit the screen.

Hmm... My iPad 3rd gen black wifi only 16GB is worth up to $400. I wonder how they determine it? It's been in a protective cover since day one.

msmith198025 said:
Curious. How many with the "new" Ipad (3) will now get the 4?

Not I.
I will keep the 3 for another year or two. Has everything I want.
Going in was thinking about getting the mini for work. Not at this price point. Was hoping around the $250 range.

yourbeliefs said:
I think Apple needs to pay some retribution to people who have the iPad 3. I think given Apple's track record going back to the original iPod it's safe to assume that anything that Apple releases will be available for at LEAST a year before a new model comes out and/or the old model is phased out. This would be like if when they released the iPhone 5 they discontinued the 4s and kept the 4.

They did it with the original iPhone. It came out in Summer, new one with more storage came out in fall.

I am thinking of doing the Amazon trade in for my iPad 3. They are offering the most for my 32GB ipad 3 with Verizon, I can get the 4 in the same configuration for $200 if I do this.

However the downsides are I got to send Amazon my ipad now, so I will be without an iPad for a few weeks. (which I guess is ok)

But there is no definate date and I need mine before Thanksgiving as I am going on the cruise... what to do?

Amazon would pay me $650 for my 64GB Black ATT "iPad 3". But it works so well that I'm not sure it's worth trading in to get the newly announced "iPad 4." I'll probably just stick with the 3 and wait for the 5. I don't have a need or a current interest in the iPad mini. I've been interested in a Mac Mini before, but haven't ever pulled the trigger. This new refresh might get me to finally get one to permanently connect to my TV.

Not sure I'm comfortable with the Nexus 7, but it's in the race.

For $199 shipped, I might get along okay on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7").
Dual core , Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich, 1024x600, & microSD expansion to 32gb.
At least I know they'll be in business next year. :)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007P4VOWC?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

But discussing tablets the other day, a friend pointed out two alternatives:
@ $169:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-C93-ZEN...71085214202?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item3f1df019fa
@ $179:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Zenithin...51165358130?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item3a7a9f3832
Both are the same 10", dual core , GPU, 1024x600, one with ICS and other with Jelly Bean.
8gb on board, takes 32 microSD for 40gb total.

As with all tablets, there are trade offs in features (unless you are made of money).
But the 7" market shouldn't be populated with $300+ devices!

Apples price point & lack of expandability are out of my reach.

Posted from an iPhone 4

Dunno how I missed the Ipad3. Maybe its time to switch back from decaf.

Cheers, K

LOL! You have a good excuse since officially there never was an ipad3. It was called the "New iPAD" by Apple.

The listing of the ipad2 from Apple tells me they got stuck with a big inventory of ipad 2's and can't sell them. IIRC, Apple ran a sale several months before ipad 3 announcement and I guess that sale didn't go well.

Time Cook made a big deal about how thin Apple products are getting. Even Tim Cook looked much thinner. I was following the stock move and it too went thinner today but then so did the entire market, mostly caused by fear of the election according to the finance reporters.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)