Ipad Question

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
i have an like 5 years Ipad still works great for i use it for, but last night when i updated the apps, it's told me i needed the newest ISO software update, but when i go to the update it's have none, does it means mine Ipad is getting too old for newly apps updates? or how can get or force the newest ISO software update?

Thanks

Found this:

Following is a list of iDevices that will be able to run iOS 12:

• iPod Touch (6th generation)
  • iPhone 5s, iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus
  • iPad mini 2/3/4
  • iPad 2017/2018
  • iPad Pro (12.9, 2017), iPad Pro (10.5)

thanks for quick response, well if its doesn't interfere with the little stuff i do on it, i know one day it will

Our iPad3 hasn’t had any iOS update for years. Slowly, apps stop working as they require iOS 12 or such. Old versions get killed off. Not many, but a few.

And it runs very slowly now. We hardly use it, as we have a current model also.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My wife still uses her ipad3 but was never a power user. I think she let's the grandkids play games on it. The battery still lasts as it always did. I don't think it runs any slower, just not as snappy as the ipad air2 which I sometimes use. The reality is we both just use the iphones more these days. The XS Max just works and I never have to wonder if it is having a problem. The camera is so good I now use it for production video to mix in with my big cameras. And when I need to display streaming 5.7K video from my VR cameras it is fast enough too.

FYI: Amazon has a bunch of iPad models on sale, but it's hard to say what their discount is based on; for example the 64 GB iPad Pro 11" model is $100 (13%) off while the 256 GB model is only $62 (%7) off.

The lowest price is on the "Latest" iPad, 32 GB, Wi-Fi, at $80 (24%) off.

Have the grandkids over for the week and they brought their ipads we got them for Christmas. They are ipad Gen 6 versions. Anyway, their dad bought them the Apple pencil and a Logitech Cover and keyboard. Really nice design, I thought. But sure enough I found out these keyboards have serious flaws. They lose their pairing in BT. Then particular keys stop working. In the pairing process they give you a code of letters and numbers to type in for the pairing to complete. ( way too much security for a basic keyboard) But if some of the keys don't work, typing in a code has to be retried over and over until it gives you one that uses only the remaining keys that do work. But why bother because you still can't type anything with every 3rd key on the board doesn't work. Oddly enough, both the kid's keyboards have lost the exact same keys. The forums show that others have the same complaint. Too bad because it looked like a good design. It's like the old days, Logitech stuff is junk, just doesn't hold up. I stopped buying that brand because I always used to have problems and they don't stand by their warranty.