iPad shipped , returned , lost

yooper.mi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 24, 2004
U.P. of MI
Got email Sept 25 2013 , Apple is happy to let you know that the item below is on its way to you. This shipment reflects the promotion you choose with your DISH subscription.

MC954LL/A iPad 2

Order Number 245439****
Carrier Name UPS
Carrier tracking Number 1ZRV1838031131****

I figured this was because of , refer a friend , promotion.
Checked tracking number its being sent to wrong address. I called UPS , only sender can change it , so I called Apple they can't change it because DISH gave the address. I contacted Dish thru Dirt, once item has tracking number it can't be changed. I spent 3-4 hours on phone and computer trying get address changed with no luck.
Only solution I came up with was to call UPS to return shipment back to Apple. This way the shipment address can be changed. When it arrived back at Apple I called APPLE and was informed I have to call dish and have them send the new address. If I have trouble ask for a supervisor. After 2hrs on the phone I was told it will it'll take 2-3 days to process. After a week with no email of iPad shipped I PM DIRT and explained what happen. Two weeks Later I again PM Dirt and was told it was reported after the first PM.
Have not heard anything so I guess I lost the the iPad.

Please PM me your account number and verify your 4 digit PIN number on your account so I can assist you further. Thanks.

Got email Sept 25 2013 , Apple is happy to let you know that the item below is on its way to you. This shipment reflects the promotion you choose with your DISH subscription.

MC954LL/A iPad 2

Order Number 245439****
Carrier Name UPS

Checked tracking number its being sent to wrong address. I called UPS , only sender can change it , so I called Apple they can't change it because DISH gave the address. I contacted Dish thru Dirt, once item has tracking number it can't be changed. I spent 3-4 hours on phone and computer trying get address changed with no luck.
Only solution I came up with was to call UPS to return shipment back to Apple. This way the shipment address can be changed. When it arrived back at Apple I called APPLE and was informed I have to call dish and have them send the new address. If I have trouble ask for a supervisor. After 2hrs on the phone I was told it will it'll take 2-3 days to process. After a week with no email of iPad shipped I PM DIRT and explained what happen. Two weeks Later I again PM Dirt and was told it was reported after the first PM.

Should have let then ship it to the wrong address. You try to do the right thing by letting them know their error in advance and this is what you get. It's not just Dish, but like this with a lot of companies. It's just like my bank. They are closing my branch and told me to take everything out of my safety deposit box. I took everything out a few months ago but the box is now empty. So I go to the bank and try to turn in my key to an empty box to save the bank the expense of drilling out the lock.

What does the bank do?

They make me sit and wait an hour for the manager, and then they refuse to take my key because I still owe a balance. I only owe 2 months, but they want me to pay the year and then wait for a refund.

Can't just pay the 2 months and close it out.

So I walked out and I guess they are drilling my lock

Last edited:

MC954LL/A iPad 2

Order Number 245439****
Carrier Name UPS

Lucky asked, and I was curious too. Did they ship it to an address not on your account? Do you have the same shipping and billing address?

My educated guess, you have a different billing and physical address on your account? It seems highly unlikely that they would somehow ship your iPad to a completely random address that isn't on your account.

Thank you Ray C of the Dirt Team, Brain from ex. and this forum for the help in resolving the issue. It was billing and service address issue.

So it really wasn't sent to the "wrong" address then? All shipments of physical equipment always go to the service address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)