ipad2 -- New rumors / announcements

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
The release of ipad 2 is now picking up steam in the rumor mill with Foxconn announcing they will be delivering 400,000 -600,000 units in 3 versions by end of February. Earlier reports from China are that the ipad2 will have front and rear cameras, a built in USB port, and a new higher quality screen. The source from China predicted/announced every feature of the original ipad months before it was announced by SJ / Apple officially. This time announcements from Foxconn are considered more seriously.

No word yet as to rumors from reliable sources on LTE capable ipad2. Typical speculation is that the 3 versions of the ipad2 will be GSM, CDMA, and wifi only. Plus multiple memory size in each. Like 9 versions. But these rumors I categorize as just speculation since they were not stated by the manufacturers of the ipad2.

has anyone seen any leaks of pictures of the new ipad2?

I just received a spam e-mail that showed an "iPAD" with the caption, "win this new ipad2"

The device looked like the iphone 4 frame around the outside but it had a stand that pulled out from the back so you could sit the ipad upright on a table. Image was too rough to see any other details.

Isn't that likely to just be a b.s. image photoshopped by the spammer?
:up

You know, the fun part of Apple's announcements was always the element of surprise. Beginning with the "fat boy" iPod nano, the leaks surround new product announcements seems to be out of control, so we see ahead of time (especially with the iPhone 4) what the products will be. The last few cycles have been sort-of ho-hum because we have seen it already.

We'll know if the rumors are on the mark or way off-base in less than a week.

The ipad2 will be announced this Wednesday. The Ipad2 is basically an overblown Iphone4 with the same specs. The most important news will be apple showing what IOS 5 will be like.

Check the web for more info from engadget to macrumors etc.

Roland- Right, but since this sunbtle reference had some significant design differences from the original ipad, I wondered if there were other images that had leaked recently. If there were, I would expect people here would be on it. Guess not. So, the items I saw that looked different was the metal looking band and the fold out stand.

Tom- if iOS 5 is discussed, the most important bit of info will be if it will work on iPAD 1.

Personally, as far as I'm concerned, there is nothing I really wish for in my iPAD at this time. It is working quite well for my needs. What I'm waiting for has nothing to do with Apple. It is the new 5Spot that is LTE capable. The second item I would like could be an Apple product but doesn't need to be and that is a wifi capable inkjet ultra compact color printer. I have a Canon BJC 85 now and I use it all the time but it needs to be USB connected. Of course, Apple could add a USB printer capability in the iPAD and then I wouldn't need to obsolete by BJC-85.

If apple doesn't release with dual core they will be significantly behind on the tech side. Tetra 2 solutions are popping up everywhere ...

Nvidia projects quad core products out by 4q. Given apples 9—12 month generational cycles apple could be sucking some serious dust in the race to replace. Entry to midrange desktops and laptops.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk

So why do I need a super computer in a tablet to surf the internet, play a few simple games, watch a few movies and read a few books and magazines, newspapers etc? Wait a minute, all that works fine on the iPAD 1 processor. Except Flash. Maybe that's where Apple needs to focus. Also, give me a compact inkjet printer that will connect to the ipad via the USB port. I want to print out my boarding pass, coupons, or a simple letter from the ipad away from home. Does this require a dual core now?

iPad 2 announcement show is now on? Steve is doing the presentation.

A5 chip,
Officially called the ipad2
9 times faster dual core
F&b cameras
Gyroscope
33% thinner
1.3 pounds
Two color choices black and white models
ATT and Verizon models
10 hr run. 30 day standby battery
Same price level as original iPad
Shipping march 11
In the US. Everywhere else 2 weeks later.(approved countries only)
Hdmi out dongle with 1080p $39
New covers called smart covers
Turns on when open, shuts off when closed
New cover is also much thinner.
Cover is still designed as a stand.
5 colors polyurethane and leather
IOS is 4.3
iTunes home sharing = stream media
Sites and apps have access to air play
Personal hotspot let's you use iPhone 4 now standard in iOS
iPad2 has face time app
iMovie for iPad
It's iPhone version for larger screen on iPad
Audio editing as well as video
Comes with 50 sound effects
Can record voice overs
IOS release date is march 11
Direct video upload options for iMovie, vim, CNN ire ports and more
iMovie costs $4.99
Garage Band an audio loop editing app with 350 loops, like Sony Acid
Touch instruments built into iPad
Has touch sensitivity for hard or soft touch, sustain for musical color
Makes use of accelerometer to achieve this
Hdmi out sends audio and video
Drum kits
Garage band can store and edit your music
iPad GB has 8 tracks
Can swipe through your song
Ipad is now for creation too
Garage Band for iPad $4.99 3/11

Well that appears about it. Two announcements plus apps. Ipad2. And iOS 4.3

Apps will take iPad from content consumption to media content creation.

This was typed in using my iPad multitasking the live event reports from Technologizer.com

Hope you all enjoyed the real time listing of announcements.

Last edited:
I like the covers, I like the HDMI output and I like the iMovie.

I am going to wait and see how the new OS runs on the origional iPad though before thinking about upgrading. I love my iPad.

Don,

Think of it in terms of lowend computer replacement.

I thought there was an app to use the display to show the boarding pass. Maybe print to PDF and display. It that way.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk... Pardon the punctuation I'm still adapting to the space bar location on this keyboard.

Too bad they use a hideous dongle instead of straight out of the chassis.

Sub megapixel display is disappointing.

Lack of storage expansion is... bad!

Last edited:
When I went to CES all my bording passes were electronic. I handed her my Sprint EVO with the bar code on the screen and they scanned it and then I was on the plane. No paper ticket needed. :)

John Kotches said:
Don,

Think of it in terms of lowend computer replacement.

I thought there was an app to use the display to show the boarding pass. Maybe print to PDF and display. It that way.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk... Pardon the punctuation I'm still adapting to the space bar location on this keyboard.

Does tsa permit display boarding passes? in January I asked and was referred to the tsa web site as he didn't know. They are required by today's processors to initial the inspection on the pass. No can do with an iPhone pass display.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I like the covers, I like the HDMI output and I like the iMovie.

I am going to wait and see how the new OS runs on the origional iPad though before thinking about upgrading. I love my iPad.

Agreed!

Still, the iPad with these new apps and iOS4.3 will speak to younger set. iMovie is nice but I'll stick to a more serious platform for now. Hard to go to simpler when you are used to robust tool.

Scott Greczkowski said:
When I went to CES all my bording passes were electronic. I handed her my Sprint EVO with the bar code on the screen and they scanned it and then I was on the plane. No paper ticket needed. :)

I thought you did. How did TSA respond for security?

John Kotches said:
Too bad they use a hideous dongle instead of straight out of the chassis.

Sub megapixel display is disappointing.

Lack of storage expansion is... bad!

Actually, I prefer the little dongle block. I can plug in any USB device, use a different one for SD card. Different one for video/audio output. Yhe display works fine. Ipad2 is 1080p out from the hdmi. You don't need an architectural design screen on an iPad do you?

I do wish I could transfer files to an SD card. Current SD is inbound only. But, I have 64GB so I haven't run out yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)