iPhone 3GS and Westell VersaLink Router Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I am having download speed problems on my home router. Over 3G and other wireless hot spots I am having no issues. It takes 4 minutes to download a song or podcast from iTunes that normally take a little over a minute. My iTouch has no problems with the download. Apple is puzzled as well. I went over my settings on my router with the Apple tech but they have yet to figure anything out .

Does anyone else have the same router and having any problems??
Utube is just as slow. It will have to take 5 minutes to play a video.

If I had to guess I would say it is an MTU problem. Check your router's MTU, it could be 1500, it probably needs to be less. The iPhone is probably paying attention to this number and is using it, the other ones may not and using a smaller MTU by default.

If I had to guess I would say it is an MTU problem. Check your router's MTU, it could be 1500, it probably needs to be less. The iPhone is probably paying attention to this number and is using it, the other ones may not and using a smaller MTU by default.

Thanks Mike. I will take a look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)