iPhone 4.0 Update

I think he already had the download. Looks like it was hanging up on the install. Where exactly is the update located when you download it?????

First delete the update from Library Itunes Iphone updates in OSX. Then in ITune click restore and that will force a new download of the update. His update could be damaged during the download period.

That was one of the sticking points. Everything took a long time.
Ah, ok. I'll start it up again and just let it run and see what happens then.

Yeah, I already had the files, I downloaded them on my 20Mb connection at work and brought home on a USB drive, home connection is too slow for these huge files. I also pulled a fresh copy of the install file today, and will replace the one currently in c:\users\(me)\appdata\local.low\Apple Computer\itunes\whatever it is...

My 2nd Generation Itouch will not take the update. 7 times failure. I have even done the wipe and reset. Sync'd only the apps I wanted and still no go. Now I will try wipe completely and not apps. Then put on the apps.

I have iphone 3G and got the update 4.0 but only thing I could do is making folders nothing else. Is that because I have 3G ?

Must have been a bad file for me. The 3G upgraded in the expected time (about 10 minutes) and I ran redsn0w on it. I'm restoring my backup now.

The 3GS I was having so much trouble with yesterday was finished upgrading, restoring and syncing in the amount of time it took to give the dog a bath.

I'm not sure about these groups, only 9 apps in a group but they sure are a heck of a lot faster than Categories plus you can see a tiny image of what things are in it. I do like the way it works. The multitasking seems very smooth too, for the apps that support it.

Must have been a bad file for me. The 3G upgraded in the expected time (about 10 minutes) and I ran redsn0w on it. I'm restoring my backup now.

The 3GS I was having so much trouble with yesterday was finished upgrading, restoring and syncing in the amount of time it took to give the dog a bath.

I'm not sure about these groups, only 9 apps in a group but they sure are a heck of a lot faster than Categories plus you can see a tiny image of what things are in it. I do like the way it works. The multitasking seems very smooth too, for the apps that support it.

Do u have the link to redsn0w? Just want to make sure i use the one that has been used that does actually work.

Well mine seems a lot faster. But that doesn't mean much because at this point I haven't loaded Winterboard and a few other things that I had before.

MLB App now has backgrounding as well for game audio broadcast.

I am just waiting for them to update the XMSirius App with backgrounding now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)