iPhone 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?

Many of them are seeing the signal level change and in some cases see no signal, yet they are not dropping calls. Engadget says that Apple says its a software issue in displaying the bars and will be fixed via a software update.

Most people are saying that reception is a lot better and dropped calls are happening a lot less.

I can't wait to get my iPhone tomorrow

I was just talking about this the other day to someone... I asked them what they thought about actually touching the antenna, we both figured it wouldn't do good things to the signal.

I read the other report about all the yellow spots people are seeing on the display too.

It opposite of rabbit ears! You touch the antenna and the TV works great you let go and you lose the picture before you get to the couch! :D

The yellow spots are now rumored to be the bonding agent and they could go away in a couple days when it finishes drying.

I'm sure this will be easily resolved. As anti-Apple as I am, even I can't believe that through all their testing that they wouldn't pick up on such an obvious and horrible flaw such as this..

Which is why I never jump and pre-order new technology. I wait until all of the other guinea pigs find the flaws and these flaws get fixed

The signal level does seem to go down on mine by a bar or two.
No problem when using the bumper though.
The bumper is very nice. I will keep it on.

Attachments

• hey-apple-youre-holding-it-wrong.jpg
    hey-apple-youre-holding-it-wrong.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I love the "better reception and more clear calls" yes magically a phone made by apple improved the GSM towers and somehow the GSM network has improved voice codecs

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)