iPhone Info

I think Apple has been caught off guard with the larger phone trend. IMO, they have vastly underrated the larger form factor's popularity and this could play into their future success or lack of growth in their current primary markets.

It will be interesting to see what happens in emerging markets, where Android has reigned supreme with many low-cost handsets already in the hands of consumers.

One of the key issues with Apple is their App Store. Part of Apple's and iPhone/iPad/iPod touch success has been the App Store. In these emerging markets the phones could get into hands of people but the App Store may not have the same success. Long term, this could be a problem.

Interesting times.

But the 4 series was underpowered as it wasn't LTE.
You remember your HP35. Nice, but the real power was the HP45, the one I waited for.
iphone 4 = HP35
iphone 5 = HP45

I think the iphone 5 will be the classic to remember.
I used an HP35, and I bought an HP45 (as well as a number of later models).
But the point is, they ALL used a common industrial design, and those Unique buttons!

The bigger screen & LTE of the 5, hardly make up for scrapping their signature design!

I used an HP35, and I bought an HP45 (as well as a number of later models).
But the point is, they ALL used a common industrial design, and those Unique buttons!

The bigger screen & LTE of the 5, hardly make up for scrapping their signature design!

Besides the iPhone 5 being a 1/4" longer what else is so radically changed that goes away from the "signature design"?

Trade offs like a bigger battery and the option for a standard screen resolution life 720 or 1080. And giving consumers what they want.

This we tell you what you want mentality is why i refuse to use apple products

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Brian:

There are advantages to Apple by minimizing choices from a manufacturing perspective and you must remember they are selling in the vicinity of 40 million units this post quarter which is quite impressive to say the least.

Anything Apple can do to minimize variations in manufacturing improves their bottom line.

I don't like iPhone either, but it has more to do with the openness of the platform in general rather than the lack of hardware variety.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

I have both a droid galaxy s3 and iPhone 4S.
Both devices have good things to bring to the table.

As an overall comparison from my perspective, the iPhone is built more like a fine watch. The galaxy is more plastic like but has a bigger screen and easily accommodates third party apps out of the box.

iPhone keyboard seems better suited for fast typing where I have noticed the galaxy and other droids will lag on the input if you type too fast.

Brian:

Apologies, I did not get that from your earlier posting.

We're back to my earlier post / point that Apple appears to have been caught off guard with the popularity of larger screens.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

The screen size on my 4S is just too small for me and the 5's screen is just too weird.

If this statement is true I'm going to consider an Android phone more now for my next phone.

The screen size on my 4S is just too small for me and the 5's screen is just too weird.

If this statement is true I'm going to consider an Android phone more now for my next phone.

Weird in what way?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Of course Apple says things are useless or bad choices until they do them. But, of course then they have figured out a way to "prefect" what ever they said was bad before. I do not know what Apple will do in the future, but I see one day, probably sooner than later that they will have to have branch out and have iPhone XL with large screen, iPhone and el cheapo iPhone. They will of course come up with one reason or another for a larger screen. Perhaps they will "perfect" the large screen manufacturing process to produce a beautiful phone for people with larger hands....

Of course Apple says things are useless or bad choices until they do them. But, of course then they have figured out a way to "prefect" what ever they said was bad before. I do not know what Apple will do in the future, but I see one day, probably sooner than later that they will have to have branch out and have iPhone XL with large screen, iPhone and el cheapo iPhone. They will of course come up with one reason or another for a larger screen. Perhaps they will "perfect" the large screen manufacturing process to produce a beautiful phone for people with larger hands....

I like my iPhone 5 screen size. That being said I'm not opposed to a bigger screen as long as it still fits comfortably in my pocket and they can keep it as thin. I don't see the fascination with those android phablets. I have a tablet for when I want to do bigger screen stuff. I want my phone to be portable to the point that I can take it everywhere I go without even noticing it's in my pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's longer but not wider. I used one at my previous employer as my work phone and it just felt weird to use.

That didn't bother me at all. I have smaller sized hands so the 5 suits me quite well. I can reach the entire screen with my thumb when holding the phone one handed. I got to play with a friend's Note 2 and it was just too big. The screen was nice for viewing video, but having to use two hands to be able to text, web browse and navigate was a PITA.

I'll check out the S4 when it's released to see how comfortable it is to operate, but I have a feeling that my personal screen size preference will be around 4.5" maximum.

I like my iPhone 5 screen size. That being said I'm not opposed to a bigger screen as long as it still fits comfortably in my pocket and they can keep it as thin. I don't see the fascination with those android phablets. I have a tablet for when I want to do bigger screen stuff. I want my phone to be portable to the point that I can take it everywhere I go without even noticing it's in my pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I am working my iPhone is in a belt pouch. But I really do like being able to slip it in a pocket at other times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts