iPhone mobile dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhageremtp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
North Dakota
i cannot get my iPhone to register to my Genie, any suggestions?

I have restarted the genie, the phone, deleted to app and reinstalled. Without registering I cannot seem to see my local networks.

I'm assuming you're unable to see locals on the iPhone? If so, that's normal. I don't believe anybody can see their locals

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I'm assuming you're unable to see locals on the iPhone? If so, that's normal. I don't believe anybody can see their locals

If you mean ANYBODY, that's not true. Perhaps it is true for everyone with an iphone. I can see all of my locals and watch them with my Galaxy S6, but the locals do not look as good as the national channels.

My buddy couldn't get it to work at all on his phone (no idea what he has) but he didn't try setting it up on while on his home network. As soon as he got home and tried it, it worked and still does anywhere with sufficient wifi or cell signal.

If you mean ANYBODY, that's not true. Perhaps it is true for everyone with an iphone. I can see all of my locals and watch them with my Galaxy S6, but the locals do not look as good as the national channels.

My buddy couldn't get it to work at all on his phone (no idea what he has) but he didn't try setting it up on while on his home network. As soon as he got home and tried it, it worked and still does anywhere with sufficient wifi or cell signal.
I can't get locals on my Samsung S7 or my Tablet either.
I may reinstall later to see if it helps, I've done that previously with no luck.
Maybe a newer version will come out ?

Tried with an S6, and 2 different tablets. One also being a Samsung tablet. Still no locals. None on my iPhone 7, or 3 iPads. What are you doing differently?

Your locals can be in two places in the app.
First, therre are locals that can be streamed from DirecTV. These are ones where DirecTV has a streaming agreement in place, and there may benone in your city.
Second, there are locals available via mobile DVR. these should be all your locals; they will be transcoded so poor picture quality, but at least you can see them.

Tried with an S6, and 2 different tablets. One also being a Samsung tablet. Still no locals. None on my iPhone 7, or 3 iPads. What are you doing differently?

I go to the app, watch on phone, right at the top it says live TV. I press that and see this...

Attachments

• 1480281396654.jpg
    1480281396654.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 116
I can't get locals on my Samsung S7 or my Tablet either.
I may reinstall later to see if it helps, I've done that previously with no luck.
Maybe a newer version will come out ?

Can you guys see the channels in the 600s on the app? Mine stops after the HD Extra Pack.

Rest of the locals and abrupt ending

Attachments

• 1480281934132.jpg
    1480281934132.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 1480281953954.jpg
    1480281953954.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 1480281979284.jpg
    1480281979284.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 110
My channels for Live Streaming go to 618, which is not high enough to watch my local FSN.

Interesting. I have the Sports Pack - you'd think I'd get up to 623 at least! There is no place on the app for me to even that channels above 573 exist, not even the list of channels under "Browse for TV." It goes to channel 574 which is PPV for some reason, whereas the live streaming stops at 573, Shorts HD. I know I used to be able to see those channels, and all channels (600-899, 1000s, 2000s) over 573, even if I didn't subscribe to them.

So just for fun I uninstalled the Directv app and downloaded it again. Much to my happiness, I can now see and stream everything, including 600s, 1 of 2 local RSNs, and some out of market RSNs. It took over 12 minutes for my locals to appear again but they're there.

Update, I can stream the missing RSNs, including NESN, by searching for the channel name and then streaming it from there.

Attachments

• 1480286098692.jpg
    1480286098692.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 95
  • 1480286170546.jpg
    1480286170546.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Sunday Ticket and the random international channels included in the English packages also stream from the app!

Attachments

• 1480287570621.jpg
    1480287570621.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 1480287587062.jpg
    1480287587062.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 84
Interesting. I have the Sports Pack - you'd think I'd get up to 623 at least! There is no place on the app for me to even that channels above 573 exist, not even the list of channels under "Browse for TV." It goes to channel 574 which is PPV for some reason, whereas the live streaming stops at 573, Shorts HD. I know I used to be able to see those channels, and all channels (600-899, 1000s, 2000s) over 573, even if I didn't subscribe to them.
And this was in the LIVE channel streaming section, right ?
I can see most all my channels when I look at the ON TV side of things, but that just changes your TV if your on your network at the time.

My channels for Live Streaming go to 618, which is not high enough to watch my local FSN.
A lot of that is because of streaming agreements. FoxSports go will cover what you can't see via the live streaming.

I have 663 FS Detroit in my mobile app both at home and over mobile dvr away from home.

It takes about 20 seconds for the locals and my RSN (and a few others) to show in the live tv list as they are mobile DVR channels instead of directv streaming ones.
I've had access to the RSNs on this as long as I can remember when the app started supporting mobile DVR for live streaming.

That said, I usually use Fox Sports Go as the picture quality is better and a faster interface / load time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts