iphone o.s. 3.0, mms included?

Dont count on saving that much. Currently, AT&T charges PDA and BB phone users an extra $45/month on top of voice and data charges to tether. There's no way they dont do the same with the iphone.

+1 I don't think AT&T is going to let anybody get away with free tethering. Maybe a less expensive tethering plan will do, Verizon only charges $15/mo. for tethering a BB.

On a side note, copy and paste would be nice but MMS would be gravy.

Considering how we pay $30 a month now for the data plan, anything on top of that I see as too much, especially in today's economy.

We pay more for our data plan than someone who has an AT&T Tilt.

Why all the excitement over features that should have been included in the first place? Every WM or BB device I have owned since 2004 have done these things. And I thought Apple didnt ever want to include flash, instead hoping to push content providers towards Apple based solutions like Quicktime. And wasnt part of the BT stereo problem (at least on the 1st gen iphones) a hardware problem of only having BT 1.1 hardware installed?

You took the thought right out of my head. ;) Although I do think it's great that Apple is going to catch up to the rest of the phones out there.

Considering how we pay $30 a month now for the data plan, anything on top of that I see as too much, especially in today's economy.

You'll have to pry my plan from my dead fingers... $30 a month is my phone bill with data, texting, roaming, data roaming, and 500 mintues. I can tether too with no issues as long as I don't start bumping on the 5gb line.

Not if they sign up for the appropriate plan. My data plan (and I tether) costs me $10 a month on my AT&T Touch Pro and on the Tilt before that. You just gotta know what you're doing... and not have an iPhone.

Not if they sign up for the appropriate plan. My data plan (and I tether) costs me $10 a month on my AT&T Touch Pro and on the Tilt before that. You just gotta know what you're doing... and not have an iPhone.

if I got a 10 dollar a month data plan instead of 30 a month, I would dump this iphone REALLY quick, and get a touch pro....show me thy ways ;)

I gotta say I am very happy with the iphone though, mms needed yes, if mms isnt on it I will think about dumping the phone altogether, (its my work phone, so really its not NEEDED as I still have a personal phone.)

okay so according to
the iPhone Blog: iPhone News, Reviews, and Opinion we will be getting mms and copy and paste (yes two features to bring it up to "todays standards") there was also a third thing but they arent 100% sure on it.

Hopefully there will be more than that. MMS is not a big feature to me as if I want to send something I just send an email instead of a text message. It works as viable workaround for not having MMS.

Now the next big question is when will 3.0 be available?

Hopefully there will be more than that. MMS is not a big feature to me as if I want to send something I just send an email instead of a text message. It works as viable workaround for not having MMS.

Now the next big question is when will 3.0 be available?

I believe 12 noon central today.

I believe 12 noon central today.

thats when the preview takes place, it could be months, or it could be hours....you never know with apple. The way it works is they have the preview today showcasing what will be in 3.0, then they release 3.0 according to their schedule...sometimes apple drags their feet.

But will this be like when 2.0 came out, where it was announced in March but wasn't released until July?

I sure hope it's available today. If it is the first thing I will do when I get home is update it.

I sure wish I could update it without iTunes....

They could likely give it a few weeks to let the developers have the chance to look over the new version. I'd say by the middle of April at the latest.

I dont think its being released today, just announced.

I actually unjailbroke my iphone last night as the only real jailbreak feature I was using was Winterboard.

So far nothing really interesting...

New SDK which has 1000 new API's.

In App Purchase is coming which can be used to sell extra levels for games, and things like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts