iphone vs winmo

The iPhone was the first touchscreen smart phone to "get it right". I can remember seeing the first unveiling of the iPhone a couple of years ago and it just blew me away with its capabilities (which by the way I still own the 1st gen and no I'm not a MacFanatic). Since then all other vendors have been trying to emulate it. True other phones are catching up, some do things better than the iPhone but overall the iPhone just still has "it". Kind of hard to dispute one million in 3GS sales in its first week. I guess iPhone owners aren't the ones starting debates, they just know they have the better product or bought it for their own personal reasons. It's non-iPhone owners that have to second guess and point out a few of the iPhone flaws to what their winmo phone can or can't do to justify their purchase. Not too many iPhone users out there that need to start a debate to justify their purchase, they just "get it".

Oh, but due to the mac fanatics, I don't take those stats very seriously. They are junkies. :)

The iPhone appears to be great for the recreational user; for a business phone, I think it lacks dramatically. The thing win-mobile (and Palm for that matter) has is the easy ability to combine the phone with PDA with internet. The iPhone, in my experience, is a lousy PDA, no matter how "cool" it is. But it really wasn't designed to be a PDA, it was designed to meld ipod with phone with portable gaming console.

Give me a stylus; give me a keyboard, anyday. Right now I am now quite there. I have an Omnia, which has a stylus, but only has a virtual keyboard. But in a year, I suspect I'll be where I want to be.

Oh, but due to the mac fanatics, I don't take those stats very seriously. They are junkies. :)

The iPhone appears to be great for the recreational user; for a business phone, I think it lacks dramatically. The thing win-mobile (and Palm for that matter) has is the easy ability to combine the phone with PDA with internet. The iPhone, in my experience, is a lousy PDA, no matter how "cool" it is. But it really wasn't designed to be a PDA, it was designed to meld ipod with phone with portable gaming console.

Give me a stylus; give me a keyboard, anyday. Right now I am now quite there. I have an Omnia, which has a stylus, but only has a virtual keyboard. But in a year, I suspect I'll be where I want to be.

Interestingly, my girlfriend is doing a 1 year research study on the future of work and she is concentrating on people who don't have conventional offices and work through mobile devices. Apparently, there has been a fairly large switch to iPhones at some fairly large corporations. ITT Space Systems switched from BB to iPhones a while back and much of Xerox is doing the same. That was how she got her iPhone because so many of the people she was studying were using them, it helped her understand their usage better.

No one in our field of work uses iPhones for work and we work with lots of customers. Blackberry seems to be the most used with Windows Mobile devices closing in. I've heard the comment several times the the phone is consider a toy in the workplace. The one I hear the most is "No keyboard...no dice."

It might be a nice onscreen keyboard but I can't see using it myself. A friend just picked up the Diamond(Touch Pro without keyboard). I even installed the larger FingerKeyboard app... he promptly brought it back within a week to get the TP with the keyboard.

No one in our field of work uses iPhones for work and we work with lots of customers. Blackberry seems to be the most used with Windows Mobile devices closing in. I've heard the comment several times the the phone is consider a toy in the workplace. The one I hear the most is "No keyboard...no dice."

It might be a nice onscreen keyboard but I can't see using it myself. A friend just picked up the Diamond(Touch Pro without keyboard). I even installed the larger FingerKeyboard app... he promptly brought it back within a week to get the TP with the keyboard.

No matter how much I like the Omnia in terms of its "cool" features (the 5MP camera being one of them) and the huge screen for email, there are times when I see my Treo sitting on the desk and say.... hmmm... I miss that keyboard. :D

after having a palm treo 750 I can say the iphone was a welcome upgrade for sure. I don't know about black berry since I have never had one. The moto Q looks interesting also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)