at home, in the cincinnati are, it goes to fort wayne as my current location
is there a way to set and keep a new current location or is it a router problem
thanks

my ipod touch cannot find my correct current location when i'm at home
it owrks fine when i travel
at home, in the cincinnati are, it goes to fort wayne as my current location
is there a way to set and keep a new current location or is it a router problem
thanks
Probably not a problem on your end, it has more to do with the way the Touch discovers where it is. I don't know for sure, but I imagine the Touch uses some form of reverse IP location lookup based on what IP address is being assigned to you by your ISP. If it's a large company, they may have shifted their IP addresses around a bit so it's not getting the location correct. Nothing you can do about it other than wait and hope that someday whatever database the touch gets it's data from eventually updates.

My daughter's ipod touch tends to not recognize wireless networks. On vacation it couldn't find one in the hotel room that the laptops could recognize, and then in the condo it didn't recognize any existing networks. At least you can find a network.

I found that the touch pick up range for wifi connections is less than other types of wifi devices. In part of my house where the PS3 picks up the wifi signal the touch does not. If I move the touch closer to the source it works fine. I'm not sure this is the case for every body but it may help.

If you want to get a more accurate fix for your iPod Touch, go to SKYHOOK Wireless and enter in your address (or Lat & Long) plus your wireless router's MAC address. After that, you'll be able to get much better accuracy. Skyhook says it might take up to two weeks to process your MAC address.

Skyhook says it might take up to two weeks to process your MAC address.
We returned from a weekend trip and when I went to Maps to update my location, the iPod Touch now knows that it's home and not six houses away on a different street. So, adding your wireless router's MAC address in Skyhook's database really does work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)