IR/RF Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
I use a Harmony IR remote to turn my equipment on and off and the Directtv remote to control the receiver. Since the receiver is set for the RF remote the Harmony won't turn it on or off.

On Dish receivers it accepts the IR/RF signal, anyway to make this work with the HD-20?

Thanks

Brian

I use a Harmony IR remote to turn my equipment on and off and the Directtv remote to control the receiver. Since the receiver is set for the RF remote the Harmony won't turn it on or off.

On Dish receivers it accepts the IR/RF signal, anyway to make this work with the HD-20?

Thanks

Brian

Yes, through the menu you can set it to rf.

Unit is set to RF already, that's why the Harmony which is IR won't work?

Yes, sorry, I read your post wrong. You must set the HR20 to ir if your Harmony will only do ir.

I'm in the same case. I switched to RF to use a new RF control from another room and my universal cameleon IR remote won't work. Had to switch back to IR. As mentioned above, Dish will allow both at the same time. Hope in lates updates they do it to work on both.

Thanks
user1

I'm in the same case. I switched to RF to use a new RF control from another room and my universal cameleon IR remote won't work. Had to switch back to IR. As mentioned above, Dish will allow both at the same time. Hope in lates updates they do it to work on both.

Thanks
user1

I do know that if you have the right software with my R15-500 and the DirecTV RC64RB you set your remote setting to IR on the R15.Then do a Menu
Reset Receiver.Then it doesn't matter as my R15 will work with either RF or IR
signals coming from my DirecTV remote control.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts