is 90$ good to aim my dish i cant seem to get it aimed so im paying some one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dj_flako

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
pa
im done with trying its cold and the snow suck so im hiring some one im in hazleton pa so if there some one hare that would like to make some money let me know and ill cancel the installer i called thanks for all the help guys oh its only to aim it ill do the rest

Its hard to find a good installer for cband. Most are accustomed to doing pizza dishes and a polar mount is a challenge at first

The quickest, most efficient way to aim it is with wireless RF headphones and a "beep on scan" receiver.

I use some of my old Viewsat products - the Ultra. I hook the dish to the Viewsat, set it on a hot transponder on my due south satellite. hook the sending unit to the audio out on the Viewsat. Make sure the dish is at Zenith (or however few "clicks" over toward your due south satellite)

Make sure the "beep" function is on (in your receiver menu). Go out and move and flex that dish this way and that until you get the strongest beep.

Wireless radio frequency headphones are maybe fifteen bucks.

Weather is getting warmer. The wind can blow your dish out of alignment so you really want to be able to aim it yourself.

I have done it in less than ten minutes of outdoor aiming - and my dish is on my roof so that counts going up and down the ladder

I cranked on google maps, and clicked "what's Here" in the center of Pennsylvania. got 40.90198,-77.377929 as coordinates.- Latitude rounded to 41 , lat rounded to 77.
The "South sat" for this location would be, (C band) AMC 6 at 72W. TP info to use: 3995 V 2220
THe Modified Polar Mount Declination should be set to 5.74
Footprints by Dish Size - Latitude Declination Chart - C/Ku-Band Satellite Listing
The Declination is the difference in the polar axis angle and that of the of the dish itself, This is when the dish is at the center of its rotation on the polar axis. It is the highest the dish can and will face. Then set the polar mount angle to your latitude, as shown in the picture attached. Then, You will notice that the polar elevation is 90-lat, and 90-lat-declination = dish elevation at True south.
90-41-5.74= 43.26
72W is a bit east of central Pa, so the dish would be "Fudged" a little east with the actuator, when trying to locate 72w.
This will also lower the dish slightly, Dishpointer.com says 72w is at an elevation of 42.3° so our numbers are very close. Should be close enough to get a reading and adjust the polar mount angle.
If not, adjust the polar angle slightly, and try again. I've got more info in the BUD Manual that may help. Page 7 is finding your first (South) sat. Hope this helped, and saved some $$.

Attachments

• polar_mount_pic.jpg
    polar_mount_pic.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 226
ok ill try again as soon as the rain stops and how can i tell if my lnbf is bad a geosat pro c2 thanks for the help to all of you

99.9 % if it says Geosat Pro C2 it is good! The LNB seldom is a problem unless it takes a lightning strike and a tornado hit!
POP

Oh, yes, one other thing. I have had better results with a receiver and TV at the dish than ANY beeping tester or earphone to receiver combo. The delay of the beep can be over 5 seconds!

Status
Please reply by conversation.