Is a 4-lnb setup with Channel Master (Globecast) dish possible?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vandre

May 19, 2010
Chicago
Hi

I bought a Globecast dish off Craigslist and I was interested in setting it up with multiple LNBs. I currently have it pointed to 93W (with its original LNB) and I would also like to get 89W, 97W and 101W

I have read that Globecast dishes have a different focal point, so I was wondering if it would be possible at all...

Plan A (preferred) would be 4 lnb bracket like this:

Digiwave Satellite Wholesale Distributor - MPEG2 Digital Receivers, LNBFs, Digital Equipment, Stab Motor, Moteck Motor, Switch, CCTV Camera - Wholesale Satellite Distributor - Wholesale only

or two of this:
Satellite AV - Free to Air Satellite Equipment Distributors - GEOSATpro, Glorystar 888-483-4673

Plan B would be to buy a Glorystar dish for 97/101, and a dual LNB bracket for the Globecast dish...

Thoughts?

Vandre,
You don't mention the size of your Channel Master dish. Size matters. Then you mention that your dish is a Globecast dish, which I'm not familiar with. If you indeed have a Channel Master dish [gray composite construction with 2 side and 1 bottom lnb support, there is the difficulty of those side supportsgetting in the way, but that can be worked around. Here is a sample of a workaround for 2 lnb's which can be expanded to the 4 you need. MacGuyver has excellent skills in hangling lnb's on dishes not designed for this. Check out some of his work.

Attachments

• rnr 1.JPG
    rnr 1.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 348
Vandre,
You don't mention the size of your Channel Master dish. Size matters. Then you mention that your dish is a Globecast dish, which I'm not familiar with. If you indeed have a Channel Master dish [gray composite construction with 2 side and 1 bottom lnb support, there is the difficulty of those side supportsgetting in the way, but that can be worked around. Here is a sample of a workaround for 2 lnb's which can be expanded to the 4 you need. MacGuyver has excellent skills in hangling lnb's on dishes not designed for this. Check out some of his work.

The dish is 36" and it has this weird elliptical shape:
GlobeCast Elliptical Dish and LNBF Oval Channel Master 75E

GlobeCast-Dish%20(1).JPG

GlobeCast-Dish%20(15).gif

I'm not very handy, so I was looking to buy a pre-made bracket.

My first attempt at multi-LNB did not go well :D I bought a sadoun monoblock just to find out that I couldn't fit the monoblock to the Globecast bracket holder. After further research I also found out about the issue I mention about the focal point.

See this Iceberg's post:
SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - adding 101 to globecast dish

OK, that looks like the same as the 84E or 75E Primestar dish, and to my knowledge there is no bolt-on solution, you'll just have to get creative or get a creative friend to help you. It can be done, I'd be in a state of shock if 1 of the other members hasn't already done what you want to do. Basically, some homemade brackets can be attached using the 6mm bolts that hold the lnb down, and lnb's attached to that.

IN most cases those Channelmaster dishes cant get 4 degree separation...usually 5 is minimum

I've tried 4 degrees on my 40x30 and couldnt get it. Best I could do is 5

The number of degrees between birds, is related to a number of factors.
Some of them (that I can remember) are:
- dish focal length
- diameter of LNBs
- your location on the planet (easier if you are on the equator; harder from Alaska)
- where the birds are you are trying to get (easier overhead; harder if at the horizon)

So, which factors are in your control?
Well, the diameter of the LNB is fair game.
You could try the little ones from SatelliteAV, but whether they'd work is just a guess.
SL1 single output, and SL2 dual output.
I've posted links to the math to figure out how far apart the LNBs need to be, but few folks were interested.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts