Is a local channel for you FTA?

Is a local channel to you on free to air (preferably in the clear)?

• G10

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • AMC6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SBS6

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • AMC5

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • AMC3

• G25 (IA5)

• G16 (G4)

• AMC4

• AMC1

• other (please specify in your response)

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just a fun poll

Is a local channel to you on free to air (preferably in the clear)?

some examples are
AMC6-KFTL
SBS6-Ohio News
AMC5-Telemundo, KUEN in SLC
AMC3-Montana PBS
IA5-Miracle Net in Alberta
AMC4-KUIL (C-Band) Cornerstone TV Pittsburgh
G10-Equity stuff
AnikF1 CBand-ASN Halifax
AMC1 CBand-WCLF Tampa
G16-Nets from Puerto Rico/USVI

you get the point :)

It's KTEL-LP channel 53 in Albuquerque, NM even though it coming from the Carlsbad, NM KTEL-TV channel 25.:)

They plan to add local news in the fall of this year, so we will wait see what happens next.

My miami locals are FTA (listed on Lyngsat) on 119. Only the big 4, no CW, PBS, or MyNet. Comes in handy when WFOR gets powerline interference (channel 4).

AMC 2 @ 85 W has a local Los Angeles station.
It's LATV, carrying music videos and bands in Spanish, with announcers and interviews in English.

I first read about it here on SatGuys, then tuned my hidef TV to channel: 57.4 for a taste. :hungry:
It's pretty darned good. :up

only if wild feeds count.
I know of the WGN channel 9 news feed listed as Tribune D.C.

other than that I can think of no channel that we have locally that is on FTA.

Last year, New Orleans WGNO ABC26 and WNOL CW38 (it was WB then) were FTA, as was WDSU (NBC). All three gone now, WGNO and WNOL switched to fiber due to Ku weather problems :(

Last year, New Orleans WGNO ABC26 and WNOL CW38 (it was WB then) were FTA, as was WDSU (NBC). All three gone now, WGNO and WNOL switched to fiber due to Ku weather problems :(

I used WDSU to aim dishes at IA8 (when there was nothing else on there at the time) :)

WPXS on G10R. Its not considered a local channel but I can get it if I turn my antenna South and turn it to channel 13 (Mt Vernon, IL).

WUMN on 13, and I get it better off of the Dish -- even if I can see the building it transmits from.

Whenever they turn channel 7 into a Telefutura, I'm guessing I could count that as well. Right now it's Daystar.

I used WDSU to aim dishes at IA8 (when there was nothing else on there at the time) :)

I pass the WDSU studios whenever I head down to the Quarter :) It was great to have them up there while it lasted. Many local stations here had their terrestrial microwave studio-to-transmitter links knocked out due to Katrina, I'm guessing they're fixed now...

I voted for "Other". Let's see now, on G3 C-band is WSAV - MyTV/RTN, but note I can only get this OTA under Ideal Atmospheric Conditions. However, I have no problems getting it straight from the Satellite. And, I can sometimes (also) under Ideal Atmospheric Conditions get WXTL - ABC from OTA, but have no problems watching it from G3 C-band. Also, under no circumstances can I get White Springs TV from OTA, but it's closer to me than Savannah or Tallahassee, and I have no problems getting it from T7/IA7/G27 ku. None of these are really local, but they are with-in a few hours driving time.

Al

Fom me its KUKC-LP on G10
KUKC-LP is a low-powered broadcast television station in Kansas City, Missouri and is licensed to the city with offices in Overland Park, Kansas. KUKC is a licensed Univision network affiliate and the only Spanish-language television station in the area. It is owned and operated by Equity Broadcasting, who programs KUKC via satellite from its headquarters in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts