Is A New Genie Being Released?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry if this has been answered, but I am a pissed off Dish Network customer ready to dump them.
This depends on what you call New.
Currently they have the older Genie, HR34 out that has all but been discontinued, the MUCH better HR44 and the newest one the HR54, which is not available in ALL areas (that I know of)
However they are available in my area.

This depends on what you call New.
Currently they have the older Genie, HR34 out that has all but been discontinued, the MUCH better HR44 and the newest one the HR54, which is not available in ALL areas (that I know of)
However they are available in my area.
Unless you order it(HR54) from third party sources, like Amazon. You also have the H44 Genie Lite which you can upgrade later to DVR with the DVR Upgrade Kit(external eSATAp HDD supplied by Directv for $99.00).

Reactions: Jimbo
Is A New Genie Being Released?

Their NDA signees very rarely slip with a leak.
They are most likely designing a new receiver/DVR that works with both Uverse & Directv. Here is a thought, what if they are working on a new STB that you can only get through them(AT&T). Any new STB can only come from their offices & hooked up only by their installers. No more buying a STB third party & calling in to activate it. It will not be a leased box, it'll be an "owned by AT&T" box. This would/could explain the possibility of the CE program ending in the future by AT&T.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
They are most likely designing a new receiver/DVR that works with both Uverse & Directv. Here is a thought, what if they are working on a new STB that you can only get through them(AT&T). Any new STB can only come from their offices & hooked up only by their installers. No more buying a STB third party & calling in to activate it. It will not be a leased box, it'll be an "owned by AT&T" box. This would/could explain the possibility of the CE program ending in the future by AT&T.
I thought of that also. I wonder if anyone here or at other sites would even be able to get first looks at the latest boxes anymore. Maybe we will only know from tech sites like Engadget and The Verge, or only from AT&T press releases?

I thought of that also. I wonder if anyone here or at other sites would even be able to get first looks at the latest boxes anymore. Maybe we will only know from tech sites like Engadget and The Verge, or only from AT&T press releases?
You really think Engadget and Verge get the info before we do here ?
With all the employees and Installers here ?

Reactions: Tampa8
You really think Engadget and Verge get the info before we do here ?
With all the employees and Installers here ?
AT&T could do a new policy of not letting their installers or Scott talk about their new boxes anymore at sites like these and the only way we will learn about them is through sites like Engadget and The Verge? Or through AT&T press releases?

AT&T could do a new policy of not letting their installers or Scott talk about their new boxes anymore at sites like these and the only way we will learn about them is through sites like Engadget and The Verge? Or through AT&T press releases?
Now WHY would they do something like that when they are getting free advertisement from those on here and other Sat sites ?
Why would they tell a site like Engadget that they would be allowed ... if they wanted to take things in house more, it would do away with the info at places like Engadget and Verge, not add to them, where speculation runs rampant.

There is another thread here that says Uverse is being discontinued.

And as I check on further posts, maybe that phasing out is a bit over stated.

I still have my suspicions that AT&T wants to solely be a satellite TV & wireless company, & that they'll at least try to shed their POTS, DSL, & Uverse completely. If the new STB works with both Satellite & ANY internet connection(regardless of ISP), that should be the real clue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)