This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Is Club Dish an Urban Legend?

Toyzruskid1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Dayton, OH
Sorry, need to vent. I did 2 referrals back in August. I got credit for one, and the other they have no recollection of. I gave up trying to get the 50 dollar credit for the 2nd referral because it was a lost cause, and honestly I'm not even sure if the person I referred did the referral properly, but I'm still fighting with them for my 5 free pay per view movies. I have 2 chat sessions stating that they keep sending me the coupons yet I never receive them. Today I had a very long chat session in which the CSR said "they could not help me, and I needed to call a 1 800 number" I lost it... Called the number and got someone who could barely speak engrish and gave me the same song and dance. They said they could see that I was getting a 5 dollar credit, but couldnt verify that I was a club dish member. HELLO??? She finally broke down and said I should have the PPV certificates in 7-10 business days. We'll see. Anyone else get this run around, or is it just me.

Why have a chat function when after waiting 20 minutes you're told to call

(03mk) Irish C. GJ3: In relation to the Clubdish Kit, you need to call this number 1-888-920-GIFT.
######: why?
(03mk) Irish C. GJ3: They will be the one to track the kit that was sent to you. They are the ones in-charge for this.
#####: no, last time I went through chat, the person was able to track it for me
######: apparently you dont know how to
######: thanks

***********EDIT************* Just got an email with THREE coupon codes... Unfortunately Club Dish is suppose to give you FIVE coupons... I'm over it. I give in.

Last edited:
Can you verify that the second referral was used? The person needs to stay with Dish for a period of time before you start seeing the credits. I have had many referrals credited, but not all the ones I have given out.

I referred someone and didn't get a referral fee. I emailed the details to my friend, though I didn't hold their hand through the process. It's a joke and I'll never refer anyone again.

I gave up on club dish as well. My first 3 or 4 worked fine, then none of the next 3 went through. My account even showed they were active and I should be getting credit but was not. After many, many calls, chats, email I gave up. Funny thing is, about 3 months ago (9 months after I complained) I had 6 credits on one bill. Still missing a bunch so I have quit referring.

I finally got a friend to go with Dish. I'd had them e-mail him a coupon some weeks ago, but that got lost in the ether, or gobbled up by his spam blocker.

Second one I did a printable coupon, sent it to him from my e-mail. He got that one.

But then, when trying to do the online service startup, he came across a problem, where it was also asking him for a "promo code" that he didn't have. He was able to straighten it out with an online chat, though.

My account shows that it was redeemed. I suppose I'll see the credits sometime down the road...

I have gotten at least 4 people to sign up with Dish, probably more. Two of these were via Club Dish.

Never got any credits of any sort. I still recommend Dish. I just don't kid myself by using Club Dish.

I'm 1/1 with Club Dish and my credits started within 2 months......

I've referred at least 10 people over the past year and I've gotten my 5 credits each month after I raised holy hell to the ceo address. Just checked my bill online, still posting each month, I better not jinx it! Some say 12 months and not 10, don't know why.

* 11/05
* 03/13
* CLUBDISH CR 8 OF 12
* -$5.00

* 11/05
* 03/13
* CLUBDISH CR 8 OF 12
* -$5.00

* 11/05
* 03/13
* CLUBDISH CR 8 OF 12
* -$5.00