Is Dish 1000Plus worth getting to help with Rain Fade

My 2 cents....

I endured the old hunk-o-junk 129 satellite. Of course the issue wasn't rain fade, but they finally installed a separate 24" DISH dish with a low-noise LNB which was a marked improvement over the original install. In the months of numerous service calls that followed they also tried a 1000+ dish...result, not as good. Eventually I added the 30" Winegard and that was the biggest improvement. If you find you're experiencing signal loss, during heavy rain on one sat I'd recommend you try it and see if it does the trick for you. It added about 10 points to my signal over the 1000+.

With the new 129 I've had no problems. Rain fade is 99% not an issue. During a rare very heavy rain the signal may go out for 30 seconds to a minute...better than cable :)

D500 pan is defocused in the horizonal plane, so it would be of questionable help as far as stronger signal with one lnb, however getting 3 - 36" CM offset dishes designed for 1 lnb would greatly increase your signal.

Put a DPP Dual on each one and run it through a DP44 switch (my P's may be a little inaccurate, but use the latest lnb design anyway) and you get a very good signal indeed.

Also remember the lnb has only so much periferal vision, after the dish gets so big that it cannot see the edge, you gain nothing with a larger dish.

I don't think you can even get over 90 these days.

Also, rain fade will always happen. Once a thick enough cloud passes, well, let's just say it doesn't matter how big the dish is, there is no way that it will strengthen a zero signal.

It is possible to get over 100 these days....With Quam dishes haha. I took this picture at a QUAM job in Tulsa, OK.

110,119/118, 129, 61.5

Quam Dishes.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)