Is Dish Network's card swap working?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DCII services such as Starchoice never had to worry about it
They do worry about it.... it is happening, just not at the same scale. Just because it is not widely spread or freely available over the internet does not meen that there are not those watching the DCII HBO master feeds and StarChoice channels without a legal subcription.

I see the ch622 had additional "A8:0000:01" bits, but there are many other channels with same flags. If you could find more numbers, I'll check for similarities.

PS. That message is #359: Blah, blah 'FEB 11' blah '1-888-230-7836' blah 'to channel 998'.

This is how they should encrypt things. You call dish (or directv) and say you want a programming package, you then punch a code in the receiver they give you. Your receiver then dials directv with that code, to confirm that is your receiver. Then they send a code back to your receiver, that is speicfic to your receiver, allowing you to watch tv.
Instead of the encyption being at the headend, allowing everyone to crack stuff, its at directv.
Try that one on for size

And those with no land based phone line would be out of luck.

Too many people going cell phone only and dropping landlines for this to work. They would lose more subscribers this way.

I see the ch622 had additional "A8:0000:01" bits, but there are many other channels with same flags. If you could find more numbers, I'll check for similarities.

PS. That message is #359: Blah, blah 'FEB 11' blah '1-888-230-7836' blah 'to channel 998'.

the PMT for 622 shows both N2 and N3, but if you look at the N2 pid, there is no data there. only the N3 pid actually contains traffic on that channel. its N3 only.

DN likes to make little white lies in the PMT, same with the NIT ;) hehe

It makes perfect sense that Dish would make sure that whatever channels have the least number of subscribers get new cards as soon as possible, and go ahead and turn off N2 on those channels. The PPVs will be last, since they don't want to prevent someone ordering one just because their card hasn't been upgraded yet.

Sounds like Dish is toying with them tonight...I guess its some big PPV on because they are doing the "wax on wax off theory"

1 minute of video
then it freezes for 1 minute
then a minute of working fine
then a minute of freezing

now that is funny :D

Sounds like Dish is toying with them tonight...I guess its some big PPV on because they are doing the "wax on wax off theory"

1 minute of video

now what i think is funny.. how are you getting video off dish unless... wait.. no
are you testing?!:eek:

now what i think is funny.. how are you getting video off dish unless... wait.. no
are you testing?!:eek:

:mad: you know what Timmy I don't find it funny at all accusing me of stealing so maybe next time you might want to think about what you are writing first before you decide to spew asinine comments like that.

I am reporting what I have read from "the sewer" that Dish has been doing this for a couple of days with the freezing at random times but the fact that they are doing it at approximately 1 minute intervals is rather funny. The sewer folks are panicking because of that :)

Throw in the fact that Dish has shut off the N2 encryption on some International channels is showing the card swap is working :)

Hope to get some inexpensive receivers soon

ok so in other words that is what the hackers are saying
you didnt have your message worded right, it sounded like you were the one instead of them

my mistake

1 minute of video

I think its freakin' hilarious myself. I read the same thing on the sewer sites. I am awaiting the full N2 shut off for cheaper FTA receivers myself.

ok so in other words that is what the hackers are saying
you didnt have your message worded right, it sounded like you were the one instead of them

you didnt read it right then

iceberg said:
Sounds like Dish is toying with them tonight

Plus the only DBS LNB I have on my setup is on the motorized which most recently has been switching between G10 for AMGTV and AMC9 for RTN :)

I think its freakin' hilarious myself. I read the same thing on the sewer sites.
Its like a cat playing with a ball of yarn :D

I am awaiting the full N2 shut off for cheaper FTA receivers myself.
hoping so. Also in the Canadian forum someone posted that Bell is switching their HD from QPSK to 8PSK like Dish. Even though Bell is secure it helps solidify the fact for the HD boxes that can't get 8PSK :D

They do worry about it.... it is happening, just not at the same scale. Just because it is not widely spread or freely available over the internet does not meen that there are not those watching the DCII HBO master feeds and StarChoice channels without a legal subcription.

If that was the case many rural cable co's would be making millions, Motorola has investigated many so called hacked DCII systems they all turned out to be special dealer receivers, there are some hackers that have been playing with this stuff for years and have been stuck at the same spot since 2002.

Also keep in mind that the clone chip rumour on the first run of 920's and first model Star choice receiver was not a hack and would be very close to account splitting, the battery that many customers hate have already put most of those old models to rest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.