Is Dishonline broken again?

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
For the past couple of days I cannot get the program grid to show up using either Dishonline or Dish Remote Access. Is it broken again, or is it just my system?

Last edited:
I'll try again today, but I've had no trouble getting the program grid over the long weekend on DRA.

Edited to add: Yup. Still showing the program grid using FF5 for my 722. Further edited to add: FF5 Sling plug-in (discovered by TG2) also works. Edited yet again to add: DO also works for me. Shows the grid, but complains going in that I need Flash 10 installed. (I'm running Vista Business OEM 32-bit)

Last edited:
We did just get an update that some (not all) accounts are having issues getting the grid to load properly.

At this point, it is a known issue, and we are working on a fix. I would need the following info sent to me in a PM if you want me to put in a report, along with software version, and phone/account number.

Attention:
If you receive a call from a customer who is unable
to view the Grid or My DVR
within
Sling/DRA, please submit a detailed TPR including:
The server accessed in the Address Bar at the top
of the page, and the User ID affected.
We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.

Last edited:
DRA Live TV not working here on my Android phone. It gets logged in and the guide, but that's it.

JSheridan said:
Started working again a little while ago.

Not here... This is what I am seeing on my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Attachments

• image-3075060755.png
    image-3075060755.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 140
The app is loading fine on mine it just won't load the guide.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

Attachments

• image-1463902203.png
    image-1463902203.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Again this is why they need to release a stand alone player. There is NO REASON in the world why we should have to rely on a DISH Network website to watch our Slingboxes!

It is still not working for me. Interesting that both Scott and me live in Connecticut...wonder if the problem is regional?

The program guide will not display on my home desktop computer, my laptop, or my iPhone.

The DVR list of recorded programs occasionally will display correctly, but most of the time that also does not work.

Last edited:
It is still not working for me. Interesting that both Scott and me live in Connecticut...wonder if the problem is regional?

The program guide will not display on my home desktop computer, my laptop, or my iPhone.

The DVR list of recorded programs occasionally will display correctly, but most of the time that also does not work.

Hey can you guys send me your account number or phone number for your account so I can submit a Technical Problem Report? Also could you please include the server accessed in the address bar and the User ID affected? It is still an issue that they are aware about and would like more examples.

OK ZachS... sent you a PM with the information you requested.

Could you post something when this has been fixed. I have been having a lot of problems with the sling adapter and dish web sites and it is difficult for me to tell a Dish web site problem vs a problem with my particular system.

I have been thinking lately with the issues certain web browsers with plugins not being compatible and all that. They should have a standalone players for computers and mobile devices (in addition to the web based player) as that might prevent some of the problems possibly.

OK ZachS... sent you a PM with the information you requested.

Could you post something when this has been fixed. I have been having a lot of problems with the sling adapter and dish web sites and it is difficult for me to tell a Dish web site problem vs a problem with my particular system.
Yep as soon as I hear anything I will post it here. As of right now it is still happening. Stargazer I will pass that suggestion up the chain here.

Zach,

I bounced from another thread (iPad no DVR recordings or program guide) to here. My problem is limited to the iPad, but is otherwise similar to the ones here. My difference is that I can view DVR recordings and program guide with dishonline using a computer, but can't with the iPad. The iPad app will work with live TV, and will display skipped programs, scheduled programs, and timers. I've reset and and deleted and reloaded everything on my end. I downloaded the iPhone app and it had exactly the same problems as the iPad app did.

This problem just started, a couple of days ago. TonyT spoke in the other thread about resetting something on his end which solves the problem. Do you know anything about this? I've sent you a PM with my account info.

Thanks,

Paul

Just curious why Dish won't let you set up a list of "favorite channels" in the guide on the iPad app. Direct did this and I really enjoyed using my iPad as a remote. This is probably the only area that I miss about Direct, they seemed to have a much more "robust" iPad/iPhone app.