Is everyone dropping platinum?

Before making the decision to drop Platinum, I made a 'Favorites' list consisting just of the Platinum channels. That made it easier to tell exactly what I was getting. I did find some movies that I wanted to see, but nothing I couldn't get from Netflix

I decided that DISH had done me a favor by dropping Smithsonian, because that was the only channel I was really using, and it didn't justify $10 a month.

My point of the thread was that when you call DISH about saving money they recommend dropping Platinum. Makes it easy when they suggest it.

She suggested I drop Platinum to save 10 dollars. She then offered an additional 15 per month off for a year to drop my bill 25 dollars. She then added Cinemax for a penny.
I was originally going drop programming to Turbosilver HD but I would have only saved about 13 dollars because of the junk fees and not have Nick in HD.
Turned into a pretty good call but what I though was funny is that both the overseas and stateside CSRs suggested dropping Platinum to save money.

Thought it was funny? What is funny about lowering a bill to keep a customer? Seems like a good business plan to me. The basic package is the main money maker so as long as you keep that I don't see why you dropping anything else would really matter to them.

Secondly, who ever says satellite tv is cheap? If that is the mindset going in then you already started off bad. If you wanted cheap, you could always go down to the dishfamily package.

Hey, at least it's more than basic locals and cable, right? :what

What I find Funny is that the answer to a customer wanting to change to HD only pack to lower there bill and not getting all the HD programming available unless you keep the SD pack is to drop Platinum.
As for the rest of the post I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'd at least wait until the NBA/NHL playoffs are over. Some HD games are exclusively on the NBA channel. During the summer and early fall the only channel worth it is HDNet Movies. Universal HD and MGM HD have both lost their way.

Yeah, I currently have the Platinum mainly for the NHL Network. Once the season ends though, I'll likely drop it for at least a couple months, may not even re-add it though. Would be nice though if you could get NHL Network otherwise.

Dropped Platinum online a couple of nights ago. Even if Smithsonian or something similar came back, I think I've got way more than enough to watch. I'm on my third EHD.

I may wait till after the Godfather Trilogy HD on HDNET Movies this weekend.:)
Every time I am tempted to save the $10, something on MGM or HDNet Movies stops me.

Last week it was "Trading Places".

Seeing a disrobed Jamie Leigh Curtis (in her pristine prime) in glorious 1080i filled the bill!

If Dish wanted to sneak a few more bucks out of us, they should move Cinemax into the Platinum package.

I thought $10 would be a great deal, but, yea, once you have the channels for a bit, you realize there really ain't much on them. I'll be dropping platinum this month.

Every time I am tempted to save the $10, something on MGM or HDNet Movies stops me.

Last week it was "Trading Places".

Seeing a disrobed Jamie Leigh Curtis (in her pristine prime) in glorious 1080i filled the bill!

Trading Places has been on HBO a lot lately too.

HDNet Movies really is a great channel, it's just not $10 great.

The problem with Platinum is, it's split between sports and movies. There's probably $5 worth of sports for sports fans, and, IMO, $5 worth of movies for movie lovers. But if you're not into both, it's a rip off.

I dropped Platinum today, other than HDNet Movies there is nothing else I watch anymore, MGM and U-HD were great at one time but are worthless now.:(

NightRyder

Dropped it about 2 months ago, when I finally realized I had been paying $10/month for it. Guess I should really look at my bill more often. Smithsonian was the only channel I watched on a semi-regular basis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)