Is Galaxy 16 - 97.0W Off The Air?

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Guys do you know if 97.0W is broadcasting a Signal. I can see S & Q on 99.0W but nothing on 97.0W.

Do you mean Galaxy 16 which is @ 99w or Galaxy 19 which is @ 97w. :confused:

A couple of hours ago I was getting G 19 @ 97w just fine (on Ku)

Thanks DJdish I was inquiring about Galaxy 19 on KU 97.0W. I can get NO SIGNAL on BOTH my Sat Rx's on 97.0W on KU Band & Freq is set for 10750? Yet I can see a very strong S & Q when I cycle my Actuator & Dish over to Galaxy 16 - 99.0W - Freq = 5150. Very Strange!!

Thanks DJdish I was inquiring about Galaxy 19 on KU 97.0W. I can get NO SIGNAL on BOTH my Sat Rx's on 97.0W on KU Band & Freq is set for 10750? Yet I can see a very strong S & Q when I cycle my Actuator & Dish over to Galaxy 16 - 99.0W - Freq = 5150. Very Strange!!

Hey jsattv, I was about to watch some tv just a while ago, and yep I confirm I have G 19 (97w) on Ku, I was watching a little bit of RT (12152).

I wonder what could be the issue on your end.

Yesterday, I was fine tuning my dish a bit, and went to G19 (C-band). Couldn't find ANYTHING on the transponders I normally tune. I switched to Ku, and found transponders. Went back to C-band, and did find one transponder that seemed weaker than normal. Tuned in G3C and G16, and got good signals. Went back to G19.... I was starting to wonder what the problem was, then I ran across an analog channel that was nice and strong (a slate which ID'd it as being on G19 too). So I guess I was on the right sat. Perhaps a few of the channels I usually use to find the sat might have changed parameters or something. Guess I'll have to do a spectrum scan and find some new transponders to tune on.

BTW, I don't see Classic Arts there anymore. I know it's on G17 now, but I thought it was going to be dual illumination for a while, but perhaps that ended at the first of the month or something. Or perhaps they are having some issues with the C-band side of the sat?

BTW, I don't see Classic Arts there anymore. I know it's on G17 now, but I thought it was going to be dual illumination for a while, but perhaps that ended at the first of the month or something. Or perhaps they are having some issues with the C-band side of the sat?

ARTS went off of Galaxy 19 [FONT=&quot]at 97.0°W[/FONT] at the end on September as planned. It is over on Galaxy 17 at [FONT=&quot]at 91.0°W now.

[/FONT]

yeah they moved to 91W last month

PLEASE READ!!!

FOR BROADCASTERS:

Sept 9, 2010 -- CAS NOW ON GALAXY 17 - TRANSPONDER 18C

Intelsat has moved our signal to Galaxy 17, which is more accesible for many channels and broadcasters.(Galaxy 17 is in the same position in the sky as the satellites it replaced, G7 and G11). Here are all the technical parameters. (This is the final change).

GALAXY 17 - TRANSPONDER 18C
91 Degrees West
Analog Frequency: 4060
Digital Frequency: 4076
Symbol Rate: 3.00 Msps
Polarity: Vertical Down
FEC ¾
Net ID 101

We aplogize for all the confusion, and all the changes. We hope that this move to G17 will provide everyone with the most accessible and clearest signal. Thank you for your patience!

Regarding Galaxy 19: Intelsat will offer double illumination on G19 until the end of September.

Classic Arts Showcase

Dude do you still have the manual for the Orbitron Satellite dish, I have one and I need to find out what size the bolts are the size bolts that whole the circular ring are. Mine is on the root and I don't have any sockets that will fit it. If you have the manual could you pass it this way thanks.
My email is N2bnfun@verizon.net Thanks

N2bnfun I don't have an Orbitron Dish, I believe its a Unimesh. As far as the Manuals I have - they are for the Uniden 9900 Receiver that came with the Mesh Dish, and they describe the operation of the Receiver and how to set it up with an Actuator Dish Mover, there is nothing on the Dish's Bolt sizes in the Manuals. If you need the bolts you will eventually need to get a socket and wrenches to install new bolts on your Dish. I went to a Machine Shop to get new ones when I refurbished my Dish. Find someone with a Socket Set remove an old bolt & go to Home Depot or a Bolt Specialty Shop to get new ones. You can also likely pick up a socket and wrench set there also.

Guys do you know if 97.0W is broadcasting a Signal. I can see S & Q on 99.0W but nothing on 97.0W.

Jsattv,

Don't worry about this sat going off the air. If it does, you will definitely hear about it before you even realize that it is gone. It would be a major event and there would likely be quite a bit of news about it. You likely have some dish alignment or equipment issues or a setup parameter issue. Or maybe weather interference problems. Maybe a combination of more than one thing.

In the next couple of years, there may be some definite problems with all satellites as we are going into a peak time of solar activity. Solar flares and increased solar activity can create a great deal of trouble and we are headed to a maximum of peak activity in the near future.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, though. There isn't anything to be done and it will all pass eventually.

RADAR

Jsattv,

Don't worry about this sat going off the air. If it does, you will definitely hear about it before you even realize that it is gone. It would be a major event and there would likely be quite a bit of news about it. You likely have some dish alignment or equipment issues or a setup parameter issue. Or maybe weather interference problems. Maybe a combination of more than one thing.

In the next couple of years, there may be some definite problems with all satellites as we are going into a peak time of solar activity. Solar flares and increased solar activity can create a great deal of trouble and we are headed to a maximum of peak activity in the near future.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, though. There isn't anything to be done and it will all pass eventually.

RADAR

Radar, hope you are feeling better. I currently have no issues with 97.0W. This thread dates back to October when I had just got my new Azbox. It was opened up again yesterday by N2bnfunn (see post # 8) re his question about Dish Bolts, and has no connection with the Topic. Thanks for your concern.

Radar, hope you are feeling better. I currently have no issues with 97.0W. This thread dates back to October when I had just got my new Azbox. It was opened up again yesterday by N2bnfunn (see post # 8) re his question about Dish Bolts, and has no connection with the Topic. Thanks for your concern.

I see now. My error - I neglected to look at the age of the first part of the thread.

Thanks for pointing that out.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts