Is it me or has ESPN-HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DrWho

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Is it me or has ESPN-HD been extra crispy clear as of late?

It looked really good with Sunday Night baseball between the Cubs and Cards, and really good last night as well.

Sunday's game gave me the wow factor, after having been on voom for 4 months already.

Signed,
Casual Observer

ESPN-HD is becoming one of my most watched channels for all the HD Baseball coverage alone.

It looked really good till a ball hit the 40,000 HD camera at the home run derby in Texas! I'm sure they are pissed about that!

If only they didn't put the graphics in the middle top portion of the screen like we all had 4:3 TV's

And get rid of the stupid scroll bar at the bottom, it sticks up 4 inches from the bottom of my screen & it's a huge eyesore. There's a hot thread on this topic at AVSForum.

Usually looks good...

I'd say it usually looks good. It certainly did on Sunday night. However, I was going to post here today that I thought it was VERY soft last night. It wasn't with all of the cameras but some of them were soft. There were some which looked great though. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this as well.

The Rickster

DrWho said:
Is it me or has ESPN-HD been extra crispy clear as of late?

It looked really good with Sunday Night baseball between the Cubs and Cards, and really good last night as well.

Sunday's game gave me the wow factor, after having been on voom for 4 months already.

I don't have VOOM, but I must say that ESPN-HD has been looking pretty darn good on DirecTV too lately. Even though I have read negative comments about that channel, since that's the only 720p channel I have, I often blamed the PQ on it not being 1080i, but I've really been impressed with some of the programming they've had on lately while flipping through the channels. Also, maybe it's just me, but it seems they have a lot more HD now than they used to.

~Alan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)