Is it possible to have 5 sats coming in DVR?

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
I trying to get 5 sat positions into my 722k, is this possible? I have a dish pro plus set up w/ 110, 119, 129 and 61.5. Wanting to add 118.7 to get Euronews. I purchased a dish pro plus 118.7 & 119 LNB and a DP-21 switch to input into my DPP-44. I've run the two lines from the LNB to the switch(which then ran into one input of the DPP-44) and did a scan. It wouldn't see either of the two birds 118.7 or 119 just see the other 3. So disconnected the switch and ran a line to the 119 side of the LNB and it is seeing 119 just fine. So is it the switch that is the issue or will the DVR just not see the 5th bird? :confused:

Last edited:
You will need two dp21 for the 722. You need to have four sats to the dpp44 the the last sat connects to input two of one of the dp21 and one output of the dpp44 connects to input one of the dp21 the output of the dp21 then connects to one of the inputs of the 722. You then need to do exactly the same thing with a second dp21 to the other input of the 722. You cannot use a separator in a 5 sat setup.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes it is possible. But, the larger question is why do you need 5 sats. Is it line of site preventing you from seeing 72 and converting to Eastern Arc (I am assuming you need 61.5 for locals and have a Western Arc for everything else)? 61.5/72/118 should get you everything.

Too bad EuroNews isn't part of the regular packages. We watch it everyday. I ended up with 61.5/72/119(for AAD)/118 to keep it under 5 for simplicity.

The tech people at dish have told me several times that 5 sat is not possible.

My only question about the DPP 44 setup with a dp 21 is will the increased power from the power supply pass through the dp21 without damaging the switch or being decreased?

If you do not need the Spanish channels, you do not need 77, so 4 sats will be enough.

I trying to get 5 sat positions into my 722k, is this possible? I have a dish pro plus set up w/ 110, 119, 129 and 61.5. Wanting to add 118.7 to get Euronews. I purchased a dish pro plus 118.7 & 119 LNB and a DP-21 switch to input into my DPP-44. I've run the two lines from the LNB to the switch(which then ran into one input of the DPP-44) and did a scan. It wouldn't see either of the two birds 118.7 or 119 just see the other 3. So disconnected the switch and ran a line to the 119 side of the LNB and it is seeing 119 just fine. So is it the switch that is the issue or will the DVR just not see the 5th bird? :confused:

There is a thread with the 5 satellite connection schematic .

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SatelliteGuys

Clear as mud! So, let's suppose I have 3 duo DVRs, 1 DPP44, and an unlimited number of DP21s. How many duo receivers can I hook up such that they all see 5 sats? All 3? Only 1?

It depends on how many ports the secondary dish has. If it only has two, then you can only use two DP21s for a single dual-tuner. If it has three, then you can supply 5 sats to a dual-tuner and another single-tuner. Same with DP Quad LNBs, etc. Single-LNB secondary dish can supply up to two DP21s, with the use of a DP-compliant splitter.

So if I read that correctly, with 3 duo receivers, I can supply at most one duo receiver with the equipment above. :( Crappy solution IMHO.

So if I read that correctly, with 3 duo receivers, I can supply at most one duo receiver with the equipment above. :( Crappy solution IMHO.

Yeah, but do you need 5 satellites? Likely not.

Here's a pic of the splitter I was talking about :-

$(KGrHqZHJFUFHLh9k5PoBR8sLLUbng~~60_57.JPG

How would I have 5 SATs on my Hopper? I have a single node. I assume it would be impossible being that there is only one input... not possible to run 3 lines directly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)