Is it possible to use my Dish Hopper remote to control my Yamaha YHT-397 receiver?

Brent L

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2010
SC
I just got the Hopper last Saturday as we moved into our new home and earlier today I had the guy come and wire the living room for our surround sound system. This has added yet another remote to our setup and I can't control the volume with the Hopper remote as we had been doing with no sound system involved. Is it possible to program the Hopper remote to be able to at the very least just turn the volume up and down on this specific receiver? Thanks in advance!

Press yellow, select remote manager, select aux code, select lookup code, select audio receiver and follow directions. When successful, select volume to assign volume buttons to the Yahama. You may also want to disable limited mode. All of this is accomplished with the remote manager.

Last edited:
Good lord, thanks for that. I should have been able to figure that one out but I'm not used to such a fantastic TV receiver after having Charter cable for the last two years. It is working just perfectly now. Thanks again!

Good lord, thanks for that. I should have been able to figure that one out but I'm not used to such a fantastic TV receiver after having Charter cable for the last two years. It is working just perfectly now. Thanks again!

Glad it worked. For anybody else that has that issue, if that method doesn't work, the remote manager has a learn feature, it's on that remote manager screen. Involves putting the remote for the amp/receiver/surround sound next to the Hopper remote, pressing the button on the Hopper remote to "teach" then pressing the button on the device's remote. When done, press a mode button like SAT to exit the learning mode, then save your way back out of the menus, and it will work.

Sony Receiver

Just got a hopper. Had Charter. Love it! Tech programmed remote to turn on Sony receiver for sound. I must now push aux button, then main power button to turn on receiver. Is there away to have main power button turn on/off Hopper and Aux input at the same time?

Switch Issue after unhooking cable

50% off of BB@Home and Multi-Sport Paks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)