Is it worth updating a 0.9 Ku Norsat LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
I have a 0.9 Norsat LNB on fiberglass dish.
The one in this picture.
dsc_0171.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
If you want both polarities, I think so. A 1.2 meter? With a PLL don't think you'll see any degradation in the existing performance.
Hey wait, this is Ku. right? This is in the C band area. Are you considering a C band LNBF?
If so, the only problem is the side arms are so close to the focal point, so some modification is required to move them away. (I'm against the same problem trying to get a second Ku on a CM dish)

If you want both polarities, I think so. A 1.2 meter? With a PLL don't think you'll see any degradation in the existing performance.
Hey wait, this is Ku. right? This is in the C band area. Are you considering a C band LNBF?
If so, the only problem is the side arms are so close to the focal point, so some modification is required to move them away. (I'm against the same problem trying to get a second Ku on a CM dish)
I will keep it Ku for now BUT will go C if needed.
Which Ku LNB would you get?

Thanks

Titanium Satellite, GeosatPro and Avenger all have a PLL LNBFs. All have gotten good reviews. Don't think I've read a bad thing on any of them,
I've got a couple of the Titaniumsatellite PLL's and like them. One on the 30 inch 'pod'.
Big (1Mb or larger) pics do take some time. Edit and/or resize them to 800x600 with Irfanview and they are under 100Kb usually.
Farm-fall-13.jpg

Oh so as long as I get the new LNB in the the correct spot I can let the orig feed horn go?
In the mean time I can turn the orig one 90 deg and scan the other polarity.
Thanks

In the future please just post thumbnails then a link to the full image. It takes forever to load your post and not everyone has super speed internet access.
agreed. I know when you add a picture you can specify thumbnail or full. Thumbnail allows us to click on the picture to blow it up :)

In the picture previously posted, the only dish using the original feed is the elliptical 84e, all the others are aftermarket 'hobbyist' LNBF's.

H
In the picture previously posted, the only dish using the original feed is the elliptical 84e, all the others are aftermarket 'hobbyist' LNBF's.
Has anything changed FaT in a little over a year since that picture was taken?

Just a bit of re-aiming. The near 1.2 is on 125W. Had to, signals went down, I think for everyone, the 84e just didn't cut it any more.
The 84e is on 97W. (Didn't 'cut it' on 103) Trying to put a second LNBF on the 1.0 meter for 103W, but the side arms are in the way. :imshocked
post-realigned.jpg
Duno what I'm going to do, no warm shop to fabricate in. (wimp) from the NWS: ...BITTER WIND CHILLS EXPECTED ACROSS THE AREA... hxxp://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=fgf&wwa=wind%20chill%20advisory

Just a bit of re-aiming. The near 1.2 is on 125W. Had to, signals went down, I think for everyone, the 84e just didn't cut it any more.
The 84e is on 97W. (Didn't 'cut it' on 103) Trying to put a second LNBF on the 1.0 meter for 103W, but the side arms are in the way. :imshocked
View attachment 103595
Duno what I'm going to do, no warm shop to fabricate in. (wimp) from the NWS: ...BITTER WIND CHILLS EXPECTED ACROSS THE AREA... hxxp://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=fgf&wwa=wind%20chill%20advisory
I wouldn't want to work outside in 35 below zero wind chills and risk frostbite. Be safe and FTA another day!:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)