Is my 65" LG tv going bad?

If you have not bought anything yet

LG OLED B1 Series 65”-$1496.99​

LG OLED B1 Series 77”-$2196.99​

at Amazon for Prime Day.
B1' not as good as C1's processor. The Best deal for a 77" C1 is at Costco...$2399.00. Including extra 3 yr extended warranty. Really want one, but don't know what I'd do with the 2018 65", B17a.

On another subject: Does anyone know how to turn off popup notification on my 65"Class 4k HDR Smart LED AI UHD TV w/ThinQ-65UK6500AUA. I get these annoying popups during my shows that say LAN is connected and wifi is disconnected or something like that. I have went thru every menu and see no way to turn them off. Help?

Are you hardwired or using Wi-Fi for your set? If you are using Ethernet, you should be able to shut off the Wi-Fi. If you are using Wi-Fi for connecting to the Internet, it’s possible that your set is dropping and having to reconnect. That could be any number of issues, from a weak Wi-Fi signal where your set is located, to RF interference from other Wi-Fi devices or a microwave.

My parents killed two LG TVs at the 3 year mark, one just quit powering on and the other one the LEDs started going bad and made the very dim and picture bluish.

I used to like Vizio, but their Smartcast software is plagued with bugs.

Samsung and Sony are overpriced.

Hisense and TCL seem to be the best value.
you can get open box sony's cheap if you look around. i got 2 sony x900H sets 85 inch under 1,400 a pop can't beat that!!! i had a tcl that croacked in 5 years and the image processor in it was crap.. i wouldn't buy samjunk or lifes garbage they cheap out on quality. all my LG and samsung stuff didn't last 3 years. you should read the history of LG it's nothing more than rebaged goldstar 90's junk

buy a sony:). you can't kill em. and to hear a repair shop say that sony is the best display says alot. they upconvert nicely also everything looks 4K with the certain dtv channels in the 500's that are in lower res those do suck i wish they would replace em LOL. they have chromecast built in wich is good as the nvida shield snappy and responsive if your a streamer. along it has a voice remote :p. and it has an awesome image processor as well. a t.v. is something that i want to buy once and cry once :shh:coco:biggrin well for a while anyways

Are you hardwired or using Wi-Fi for your set? If you are using Ethernet, you should be able to shut off the Wi-Fi. If you are using Wi-Fi for connecting to the Internet, it’s possible that your set is dropping and having to reconnect. That could be any number of issues, from a weak Wi-Fi signal where your set is located, to RF interference from other Wi-Fi devices or a microwave.
I am hard wired and I get the popup while streaming or watching a recorded program. My Wifi is not programed into the tv, just the ethernet.

I subscribe to Consumer Reports. The Samsung all tested models get all 5s on ratings and the Sony get 5s on all but HDR. The LG get maybe 3 or 4 on reliability and HDR. I would buy locally from Best Buy or Sam's, maybe Walmart, if they have a good one in stock.

Click on the attachment to see it.
one thing about LG sets is that the LED'S tend to turn blue over time causing the screen to turn blue. at that point your best off just buying a new set

I thought the blue went first. I know they have compensation circuits, but how accurate for how long? For OLED.

You really meant LED?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)