Is my 722 hard drive failing?

talkstr8t

Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Silicon Valley
When I record OTA programming I find the recording usually stutters throughout. I see the same when recording two satellite streams. Is this likely my hard drive failing? It's about three years old, and ran fairly hot for at least 18 months before I installed a cooling fan.

Assuming it is the hard drive, and that I have a leased box (I note I'm paying $14/month for "HD Duo (2TV) Receiver" and $6/month for "Service Plan"), a couple of questions:
  1. Can I expect Dish to simply ship me a new (or refurb) receiver and I'll ship them back this one?
  2. If so, will they send me a 722, or is only the 722K available (I need the OTA support)?
  3. Is the only straightforward way to save my existing programming to enable EHD and move it there?
  4. Might they give me a break on the $40 EHD fee given the circumstances?
Thanks for sharing your expertise.

- Talk

Last edited:
When I record OTA programming I find the recording usually stutters throughout. I see the same when recording two satellite streams. Is this likely my hard drive failing? It's about three years old, and ran fairly hot for at least 18 months before I installed a cooling fan.

Assuming it is the hard drive, and that I have a leased box (I note I'm paying $14/month for "HD Duo (2TV) Receiver" and $6/month for "Service Plan"), a couple of questions:
  1. Can I expect Dish to simply ship me a new (or refurb) receiver and I'll ship them back this one?
  2. If so, will they send me a 722, or is only the 722K available (I need the OTA support)?
  3. Is the only straightforward way to save my existing programming to enable EHD and move it there?
  4. Might they give me a break on the $40 EHD fee given the circumstances?
Thanks for sharing your expertise.

- Talk

1.Yes. I think they'll charge you $15 for shipping unless you have the protection plan.
2. I believe they'll send a regular 722 or 622.
3.Yes. Get an external HD and pay the one time fee ($40) to use it.

Yer welcome.:)

Ed

#4. I doubt it but doesn't hurt to try!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)