Is my motor dead

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pedro01

Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
uk
Please bear with me, this is my first posting ever on the net.
I have bought a used STAB ROTOR SAT HH90 and it was definitely OK in working order.
When I tried to fit it to a Fortec dish 90cm and a HUMAX FOXSAT FREESAT HD RECEIVER nothing happens the rotor does not move at all, I go through the menus on antena and motor setting and there is no response from the motor.
Is there any way of testing it to see if it is faulty ? is there a fuse that may have blown? perhaps I am doing something wrong. I have followed the 2 manuals But, I am new to the world of satellite and I would dearly love to motorize my dish.

Please Help

I'd bring your motor inside and hook it up with a short piece of coax. Then look for motor control options in your receiver.
See if there is a "Positioner" heading under your antenna setup area. It is probably turned off, by default. If you have the choice, turn it on to USALS, since the STAB motors invented USALS positioning and do it well. Searching on Google for a manual might be a good idea, for your receiver. [edit] Here's the download site for the manual for your receiver , http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/support/downloadcenter_manual.asp

[EDIT2] Looking at what I think might be your manual, I see NO motor control ability. Looks like the box is for Freesat only in Europe, with not much flexibility. Hard to know if it's the right manual, though. :(
:)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)