Is my receiver going out?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kattheaunt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
In the last couple of weeks my receiver has started freezing. It is an HR-22 100. It first happened when it was almost 90% full. I dumped stuff to get it down below 50%. It just freezes, with the picture. No error message and will not respond to anything but the red button reset, which seems to fix it for awhile. I think it is happening during recording because I have yet to have it happen while watching live TV (not that I watch a whole lot of that FWIW). It just now happened while recording a movie. Quite a few of my recordings have had long freezes in the program. If I wait, sometimes the program will start going again. Sometimes, I guess I don't wait long enough. I've had the receiver about 4 years and I think this is my first major issue. Oh, and after the RBR, the program banner comes up a couple or more times and I'm looking at a black screen. Any advice, guys?

In the last couple of weeks my receiver has started freezing. It is an HR-22 100. It first happened when it was almost 90% full. I dumped stuff to get it down below 50%. It just freezes, with the picture. No error message and will not respond to anything but the red button reset, which seems to fix it for awhile. I think it is happening during recording because I have yet to have it happen while watching live TV (not that I watch a whole lot of that FWIW). It just now happened while recording a movie. Quite a few of my recordings have had long freezes in the program. If I wait, sometimes the program will start going again. Sometimes, I guess I don't wait long enough. I've had the receiver about 4 years and I think this is my first major issue. Oh, and after the RBR, the program banner comes up a couple or more times and I'm looking at a black screen. Any advice, guys?

Hello kattheaunt,

Your description sounds like a hard drive problem. One thing to try is to reboot the HR22 and when running receiver check press the select button to bring up tests including the hard drive. Try short test first for the hard drive as the long test is just that pretty long. A second thing is to try is the use of an external hard drive (esata cable connection only). You power on the external hard drive and wait for it to spin up (one minute should suffice in most cases). You then reboot the HR22 and then it will format the hard drive for use with the HR22. You will not see the internal hard drive recordings as long as you are using the external hard drive but if you stop using the external hard drive and reboot the HR22 you will see the internal hard drive recordings. This is an either an internal or external hard drive but not both simultaneous use situation. If the problem stops after the external hard drive was installed you have two major choices. Keep on using the external hard drive or call "D" for a replacement unit (could be anything from an HR21 to HR24). There are other possibllities but this should point you in the right direction.

Thank you. I will try that tonight or tomorrow. I don't have or want to buy an external hard drive so will have to have the unit replaced if this continues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts