Is PlatinumHD worth the 10$

I just dropped Platinum, went 3 weeks without seeing a movie I wanted to watch on any of the movie channels. I'll probably try Netflix through my Xbox if I get the movie bug again soon. Plus, I took $5 of the $10 saved and doubled my DSL speed :)

commodore_dude said:
I just dropped Platinum, went 3 weeks without seeing a movie I wanted to watch on any of the movie channels. I'll probably try Netflix through my Xbox if I get the movie bug again soon. Plus, I took $5 of the $10 saved and doubled my DSL speed :)

I dropped platinum and did the 8.99 netflix. It's a much better value for my viewing habits.

Honestly each week I surf through the movie channels on the Platinum HD package and always find great movies to record, and during downtime I have a nice collection to pick from -- most of which aren't available on Netflix streaming.

So for me it's worth it...

I've not found a single movie on Epix that intrest me.
If Fios is making their customer Pay $10 just for Epix, then Verizon is on crack.

But for $10 a month that pack is a good value, that doesn't always mean you can't live without it.

Just do what I do with all the premiums, Look through the 14 day guide, if nothing intrest you , the drop the package.

+1 :up

If Epix works well enough for you, I suggest checking out the Netflix on-demand catalog. It's pretty robust for 10+ year old movies and is playable whenever your ready.

Honestly each week I surf through the movie channels on the Platinum HD package and always find great movies to record, and during downtime I have a nice collection to pick from -- most of which aren't available on Netflix streaming.

So for me it's worth it...

:up:up

Ghpr13:)

If I had heard on it here as being definite I must have forgot, but if Sony's new HD movie channel is going live in the platinum package as of Oct. 1(like Sony's site says on Channel 386) that's even more movie value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)