Is tailgating worth it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I try to go to every home game I can and many away games for Virginia Tech and I tailgate at every one of them. Now I have two different ways of doing that....if I'm with my uncle whom he and I go in together for our season tickets (some of the best in the stands) then we will go to right in front of the stadium Parking Spot #1 as his company is the largest sponsor to the school and everything we have is catered - EVERYTHING!! All I do is show up with pass on and we eat, drink everything and anything along with most of the time meeting new recruits,old players, Governor made a stop last year and so on - you gotta have the money to get into this area. The flip side is if I go down with my friends whom is several+ we will pack the truck up full with all the gear I've collected and custom made over the years and find a spot in the middle of the students and have a great time cooking and whatever - this is great for talking to some hot ladies in and around you wearing nearly nothing when its nice and warm out :D

If it rains and man have we tailgated in some down pours and I'm talking about Tropical storms then we make sure to get to our area early and throw up tents really quick!!! I have one large tent that can go up with a few people rather quickly and is way more than enough to cover everything we do. A Miami game when they were up this way we had a tropical storm that evening - I'm sure salsa will remember. VT won and no matter how wet I was it didn't matter but the rain was coming down so hard at times you could hardly see the field or hear yourself think as the waves were washing down the stadium steps. Blacksburg has some of the craziest weather I've ever seen... be hot as hell one day and cold/rainy the next.
Depending on away games the same group that caters will set up something big at each away game but some like at FedEx Field that isn't too far away I'll pack everything and setup something for our group depending on the amount going.
GO HOKIES!

I don't drink alcohol so it wasn't that enjoyable from that perspective but the food was great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts