Is the hard drive on my H3 going bad?

yelraek

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2006
Talladega, Alabama
I have been getting random pixelations on recorded and live shows. About two weeks ago the screen went black and a few seconds later a box popped up that said it was going through a systems check. About 15-20 minutes later it rebooted and everything looked OK but I did lose some recorded shows.

Possibly but what about the lost recordings? Some of the shows still had the icon for it but the show would not load. When I try to load it the blue squares just continue to roll and the show will not load. I just have to delete the icons.

Possibly but what about the lost recordings? Some of the shows still had the icon for it but the show would not load. When I try to load it the blue squares just continue to roll and the show will not load. I just have to delete the icons.
If the HD Signal is bad, the recordings could be corrupted

This is the same problem that happened about a year ago that got fixed with DISH fixing the problem with something going on in the guide. It still happens on my H3 once in a while and will go away after downloading a new guide. Don't know why nobody remembers this because it was such a big deal with people threatening to leave DISH. If it happens again download a new guide or transfer recordings to EHD if you have one. Don't delete recordings, they are still there.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)