Is the Hr 44 available in Jacksonville, fl???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

traver421

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
jax, fl
Does anyone know if the HR44 is available in the Jacksonville fl market yet ? I had to cancel my install 2 months ago and wanted an update.

Thanks

I'm awaiting word also. I can't even find out who the local installer(s) are......

There have been reports of the HR44 in the Jacksonville area.

Traveler...... did you get a call from the installer? You still have their number?

My nephew works for one of the tv stations in JAX.. I will message him, he has connections everywhere, so I will see if he can dig up some info...

Yah don't have his number anymore. Thanks for the help. I guess I will just sign up again and put it in the notes.

I live in the Jacksonville suburb of Orange Park. My neighbor just got Direct last week. I spoke with the installer and he told me they have them. He told me if I placed my order I would definitely be getting the HR44. Based on that, I went ahead and placed my order. My install isn't scheduled until tomorrow, July 4th, but I will repost here after my install and let you know for sure. Of course if they don't have the 44, when they arrive, I will probably decline.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Guess I'll call. I'm in Julington Creek area. (St Johns). I'm suprised they installed on a holiday

Greed......... There should not be any INSTALLS or UPGRADES on any holiday. That is a joke. I can see service calls for outages but an install, Really?

SIG

We have to burn up PTO in order to get holidays off, my vacations consist of holidays since we don't get them off

Guess I'll call. I'm in Julington Creek area. (St Johns). I'm suprised they installed on a holiday

Yeah, I was surprised as well. I figured they would give the installer extra pay or comp time but when I asked the installer he told me that it's all one flat fee for them. Shame too, the guy really seemed to go the extra mile. I was able to give him little bit of cash as a tip, hopefully that makes it up to him a bit.
Good luck on your install. Let us know how it goes.

I had a install the next day after I placed my order. I ordered at 9:00 on a Saturday night and the install was set for Sunday 12:00-4:00. They told me directv schedules installs so fast to discourage the chances of someone hopping to Dish.

I had a install the next day after I placed my order. I ordered at 9:00 on a Saturday night and the install was set for Sunday 12:00-4:00. They told me directv schedules installs so fast to discourage the chances of someone hopping to Dish.

Makes sense. I scheduled online but can't remember if it was Saturday or Sunday. Unfortunately, Thursday was the first available appointment using the online scheduler. Not sure if calling them directly would have made any difference or not and to be honest I never even thought of it. I definitely didn't want to go the dish route based on some bad experiences with them a few years ago.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Guys are here (early) doing the install. I am getting the 44. The client in TINY

Got it put in yesterday, like it so far. Installer said the wireless clients aren't working right yet. Anyone able to make them work ? Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)