Is there a review of dishes.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

global0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
37N, 121W
There are a lot of threads about this size dish and that size dish and I have asked a couple of questions myself. But, is there a review of dishes with equal size from various vendors and their performance metrics (SNR, Q, etc) by any of the old timers on this forum or anywhere on Internet?
I can find equal size dishes from different vendors and prices vary a lot. It would be nice to know why and whether or not the additional $ is worthed? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Tough one!

I always advise to buy from our GOLD sponsors but the all American made Winegard 1m seems to be the preferred dish here in the FTA forum!

I think you would be happy with both :)

Thank You Sir! Winegard it is then ;)

Have you ever used one of these around the dish antennas from Terk?

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/...10001&storeId=10001&productId=14184&langId=-1

I would like to have it for local FM radio channels. My question is whether or not it will interfere with the operation/performance of the dish? I am trying to avoid raising a standard FM antenna and hit two flies with one shot, if possible :rolleyes: .

I have installed LOADS of them! And had one for years on my DirecPC dish. Still have two, worked GREAT for me and will NOT interfere with satellite reception.

In your opinion, which dish is better, the fortec 31" or the winegard 31" as far as reception and build quality? I'm debating which one to get? I'm also going to get a 0.4dB ku linear dual lnbf to go whichever dish I buy. Also which vendor is selling the winegard 31"? I've seen the fortec on many sites but not the winegard. Also does the winegard comes with all the installation parts like the fortec?

Last edited:
PSB said:
I have installed LOADS of them! And had one for years on my DirecPC dish. Still have two, worked GREAT for me and will NOT interfere with satellite reception.

Perfect, thanks again. :up

We have sold the Winegard 30" in the past, but now we sell the Fortec. We haven't had a problem with the Winegard except for the cost.

I am not sure what they are selling retail right now.

How is the Digiwave 33" compared to the fortec 31"? Are they pretty much similar?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts