Is there away to fine tune OTA?

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
I have the Wineguard OTA antenna, strange thing is that last night's ABC broadcast was very difficult to tune in, it is my only problem channel, the issue was there the night before during the NBA Finals broadcast. At first I thought the problem was HDTV using more bandwidth but even the 11 o clock news gave me problems.

The strange thing is, in my area, even with a low grade indoors antenna you can get ABC with some static, but it's viewable, is there a way to tune, or shift the position of the OTA to perhaps get a better signal for this channel, or could this possibly be a symptom of the Channel Mapping errors I've been having with the Sat. channels?

The best way to tune in your antenna is to tune in a local Analog channel and position the antenna for the best reception of that channel. Assuming all of your signals come from the same location, this is the best you can do.

I think that maybe what the guy did, but ABC is broadcast slightly farther but not by much than the other locals, also there are some channels that are slightly farther but attainable with a regular antenna, but the OTA can't get it.. I'm a total noob to satellite but I read here that it has to receive the "digital" signal? Could this be the major difference? Is it possible for a local TV station to have two broadcast antennas in different areas for the same broadcast?

Yes, they can have 2 different towers in different locations. If that is the case for your area, you may consider adding a rotor to your antenna so you can move it depending on the channel you want to pickup.

Dvlos...I'm almost positive that all the DTV towers for the Miami stations are loctated on the "Antenna Farm" near Pro Player Stadium. My OTA points directly there due East from where I live.

Channel 10 (ABC) is by far the best signal in this market, so I assume that you may have to re-point your antenna towards that direction.

I know! It drives ME nuts!! ABC should be the clearest and strongest signal it isn't!! actually the OTA is pointed east towards the FTL Airport? Is it as easy as heading up to the OTA with a wrench and pointing it a little more south westward towards pro-player? I'm 90% certain I'll still catch CBS, NBC, and FOX.

Dvlos said:
I know! It drives ME nuts!! ABC should be the clearest and strongest signal it isn't!! actually the OTA is pointed east towards the FTL Airport? Is it as easy as heading up to the OTA with a wrench and pointing it a little more south westward towards pro-player? I'm 90% certain I'll still catch CBS, NBC, and FOX.

If you know where the towers are from your location and think you are not pointed in that direction...yes...just get up there and re-point it!

I did that and now have almost all West Palm Station as well...!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)