Is this a good deal from Sadoun?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
holy moses show this to anole and linuxman, that looks mint!!

That was the reason i posted it. Scott is going to be very disappointed as more and more feeds move to QSPK and then you have the higher 9/10 FEC that even 8ft dishes have issues with. The Birdview has to be the best shot of bringing all these in unless one moves to a 10ft.

Some of the Sat trucks I have spoken with have the same issues with the 8PSK and it is related to G/T gain over threshold. You need x amount of gain to overcome Y amount of noise. An 8 foot antenna needs to be perfect to lock 4:2:2 signals especially 8PSK. They are now forced to bring out 4.5m TVRO to some of the NASCAR events to backhaul the 8PSK HD signal to the production trucks. The latest dual C/KU trucks are going back to the 3.8 meter C reflectors and even the 4.5m units to overcome this problem.

Ok after a vacation I am back and all of my parts for my new dish have arrived!

The hardest part of the entire ordeal was the part that I thought would be the easiest and that was finding the pole to mount it in the ground.

After shelling out $120 I was able to get one. My father told the guy at the shop where he got it that it was going to be used to mount a satellite dish. The guy cut the 21 foot pole into a 12 foot pole. My father and him drilled a hole about 3 feet up from the base and put rebar wings on the pole so that the wind wont twist the pole in the wind.

I got home from work tonight and got the shovel and started digging. I got down to about 4 and a half feet. The shovel wouldnt go down any more. The top of the shovel was at the top of the hole.

Dropped the pole in the hole, mixed the cement and poured the cement. Looking at the levels this thing is perfect.

After an hour of setting the pole is SOLID, and again the levels are perfect. :)

Now to let it dry the rest of the way... tomorrow night when I ge home from work its supposed to rain a bit so I wont plan on assembling the dish until the weekend.

I can't wait. :)

And here are some pictures. (BTW the Dish that is in the picture is a 1.2 meter Dish that my wife is making me taking down in exchange for the 8 footer. (2.4 meter) I will bw giving awat the 1.2 meter dish and motor later on this month as I will be having a SatelliteGuys movie night at the end of the month. :)

The Dish is the GeoSatPro 2.4 Meter Dish from SatelliteGuys Sponsor SatelliteAV. I have read a lot of great things about this dish

All the rest of the hardware is from Sadoun Satellite Sales, the equipment includes
VBOX
24 Inch Heavy Duty Actuator
BSC621 C/KU LNB

I was very happy that I was able to get this stuff fromtwo of our great sponsors. Judging by the posts lately, I have a feeling C Band systems are going to pick up. :)

BTW for the receiver I have an AZBOX and a Fortec mercury II unit. I would like to use only the AZBOX, but it does not have blind scan yet and I also dont know how the VBOX will work with the AZBOX.

I am SO excited! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 147
Looks good. Now if you can just get that dirt fairy to come by for that extra pile of soil you have.
Hey didn't we used to have one of them around here?

been there; done that:

. . . got the shovel and started digging.
I got down to about 4 and a half feet.
The shovel wouldnt go down any more.
The top of the shovel was at the top of the hole.
I put in a 40 foot phone pole some years back.
Ran out of shovel the very same way.
My local utility (electric power) guys loaned me a "spoon" shovel, with an 8 or 10 foot handle.
The business end was more perpendicular to the handle, something like a hoe.
I got to eight feet, and hit shale.

For then current satellite poles, I got a post hole digger with a compound clam.
It closes more for a little movement of the handles, than a regular digger.

But it sounds like you did fine with your shovel.
Looking forward to more pictures and war stories!
Keep up the good work! - :up

The dirt fairy will come tomorrow and cover in on top of the cement. I left about 4 inches there. I will probably get some conduit and put it going up the dish from the ground to make it look nicer. :)

Also got to paint the pole, stupid me put the white writing on the pole facing twards the street. DOH!

That is great to hear.

I wish the VBOX worked with USALS instead of just DISEQ 1.2. The USALS on the AZBOX has been VERY GOOD (especially since the new firmware came out so it would stop losing the USALS settings after you power down or reboot the box) :D

Correct it is a GBOX not a VBOX. The think that confused me was the model number which is V3000 and with the V in the model number I called it a VBOX by mistake.

Checked the pole this morning and all is great. The concrete is setting fine and the pole is still perfect on the levels. :)

I will give it a few more days to cure before going forward (mostly because the weather is not going to be that great the next few days) and I also have stuff to do after work. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts