Is this a good deal from Sadoun?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
long distance work party:

Yea, no kidding! - :up

I was just thinking:

- for a 36" dish, I might come over, drink beer, and supervise.

- for a 1.2m dish, I might come over, and actually do some work! - :eek:

BTW that 1.2 meter dish also comes with a working H to H motor, which I believe is a STAB motor and a LNB. Hell might even throw in the new GeoSATpro C Band LNB with Offset Dish mounting bracket that I got from SatelliteAV a few weeks ago for those who would like to try a mini bud setup.

I was surprised at what I could pick up on C band with the 1.2 meter dish.

Ok just talked with my wife and just placed my order with Sadoun. :)

I ended up going with the MK6 C/KU system
Motorized combo Satellite Dish with HH Motor, LNBF, Offset Prime Focus Fortec Star Winegard

So now the order is placed... now I just got to wait until tommorow night to get my tracking number from UPS. :)

Great to hear Scott! :up

I really don’t have to run anything pass the wife; she knows that anything past this point is useless to argue with! She thinks I have a “Dish” addiction and need to go to DA, Dish an:eek:nymous!

Since I had to take down my 10 foot, I have too been looking for a smaller BUD and I think the 6 foot polar system that Sadoun has is what I am going with! Let us know how it goes and take some pictures of your new c-band quest as you go along & finish!

;)

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Why do you have to live in Connecticut ? Indiana would be traveling distance to do some work and fight over "freebies" ( and maybe drink some beer) .
:)

If scott lived in indiana, I'd be racing you down to help and grab that 1.2m

I am really looking at the package he picked up though for myself.

Worked outside today getting ready for the new Dish.

Go all the wires on the 1.2 Meter Dish cleaned up and tied down. I doug a trench from the dish to the house and burried all the wire. The entire area cleaned up very nice and now I can ride the mower over there without worrying about running over the cables.

I put a junction box on the pole holding the 1.2 Dish, there is a small 2 foot cable in that box coming off the motor. Then there is a coax barrel connector and the wire going to the house. Now if I need to work on the dish, I open up the junction box, unscrew the cable and plug it into my meter. It looks a lot neater and its waterproof so the connectors inside dont get wet. :)

I was kind of surprised how easy it was to dig the trench using a Pick Axe. Took me only about 15 minutes to do, and got the wire down about 4 inches in the ground. (Which is plenty expecially considering the wire will be replaced when I get the new Dish. I don't know why I didn't do this years ago.

Last edited:
Dang it looks like my Dish has been delayed. Just got a call from Judy at Sadouns and was told the Dish is on back order and they hope to have it in about 2 weeks. :(

Hopefully it gets here before the 24th as I will not be home for two weeks.

Still waiting... :(

My AZBox that I ordered will be here tomorrow though so things are looking up. :)

Scott, where in CT do you live? I will be on vacation the week of 20 thru the 28th but will be driving to VA for part of it, maybe if you get the dish I could give a hand? My Azbox will be in on weds too, happy birthday to me :) (actually my bday is on thurs)

Jim

I am in Newington, Directly in the center of the state.

I am leaving for vacation myself on June 24th and will be back on July 1st. My dad will be staying at my house taking care of the pets and will be able to bring in the new dish / accept delivery while I am gone. :)

AZBox arrives today... :D

Dang it...

Just got a call from Judy at Sadouns, my Dish is still on backorder and now will not be here for another 2 months. :(

I am not sure what to do now.

The rest of the stuff on my order is being shipped to me today.

Scott,

We may be able to get your dish much sooner than that. By the time you come back from your trip, I am sure we will get the dish to your home by then.

I am looking at this motorized C/KU setup from Sadoun.

C-Band Satellite System

MC-1 FTA-Motorized CKU Choice Set

I currently have a 1.2 meter Fortec Dish which I got from Sadoun 2 or 3 years ago. This Dish was shipped in by truck because of its size. And unfortunately when I got the dish the center was flattened in as the trucking company put something on top of the box (when the box was clearly do not stack anything on top.)

I accepted the Dish because the outside of the box looked good. So anyways got the dish and jumped on the center for the dish to make it round again.

I never really good luck with this dish, it has a hard time picking up things which my older 1 meter dish had no issues picking up. But it did trac the arc nicely and got the channels I wanted it too.

I have wanted a C Band dish for awhile now, use to have one many years ago before there was Digital. While a 6 foot dish might not be best for me here in the Northeast, I just want it to tinker with, I am not looking to subscribe to anything. Since my current dish is 4 feet in size I am hoping my wife wont get upset about a Dish 2 feet bigger (there is no way she would let me have a 8 or 10 footer)

Anyways I saw this deal at Sadouns site and I am interested but one thing has me scared, its this line...

After getting my last dish I am nervous about getting another damaged Dish.

But now I have some questions about this setup.

1) I already have a Fortec Mercury II receiver, this one comes with a Fortec Dynamic receiver. Do I really need it?

2) Tell me about this GBOX unit, where does it go and how does it move the Dish? Do I need to run ribbon cable to the Dish? The Dish is going to be about 100 feet from the receiver, do I need 100 feet of ribbion cable too?

3) Anything else I should know about this package?

Thanks for your help. :) Looks like this could be a birthday gift to myself this year. :)
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

If I were in your area, I would cancel your other dish and get this one:

SATELLITE DISH BIRDVIEW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts